PaSC fishin Dam Flask

john step

Reaction score
That sounds like it is up somewhat. I shall bring a long rod.

mikench

Reaction score
I feel similarly to Skip and am Still in quarantine until Saturday . Much as I would like to meet you all I am not going to drive 230 miles there and back to do so in wind and rain. If is half decent I will come but if it’s poor I will stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theartist

Reaction score
To be fair guys the day I went down it was a really windy day yet the reservoir was fairly out of the wind in comparison, with hardly any leaves on surface, most the chop was in one the corner and there was a 200m flat walk to where the water was calmer. If travel conditions are ok go for it (y)

We only looked for twenty mins and saw a few fish caught and I think that skimmer I saw could well have been a big roach

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Hopefully I will be there, have ordered some casters, and I have a kilo of worms that need another day out. Tackle all ready to load in the car.
Had to do a quick bodge up on the Zafira, yesterday, I reversed into a wall and smashed the lens on rear light plus scuffed the corner of the bumper, This is my fishing car.
I found a large piece of the lens, so out with the super glue, that stayed in place, next some clear heavy polythene courtesy of toilet roll packaging on a pallet at Tesco and some clear sellotape. The jobs a good un ,as they say, off to car accessory shop for some red reflective tape to put a couple of strips where I couldnt find the broken bits of reflective lens.
All i need now is to find somewhere to supply and fit a new light unit.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Sorry lads but due to the tier 3 restrictions the Northern contingent won’t be attending, was really looking forward to seeing some of you ****ers again?? hopefully next year.
Take care have a good day once again gutted ?

Reaction score
I going to give it a miss. Warrington has gone into T3 today - so I'll do my bit and not travel.

An excuse to get warm and comfortable and tie some rigs and flies I think.

john step

Reaction score
On a positive note, my spies tell me the ressy is at its highest level which is good news.
Simon, why good news? How about a quick tutorial. Also do we need a change of perceived tackle/tactics.
Long rod? Pole?
Presumably one can catch nearer the bottom of the steps where one would have fished when it was low?

Last edited:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Sorry lads but due to the tier 3 restrictions the Northern contingent won’t be attending, was really looking forward to seeing some of you ****ers again?? hopefully next year.
Take care have a good day once again gutted ?
and I'd signed the blank cheque for my subs Del, have to post it now as they say 'cheques in the post' ?, take care and see you next time.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Sorry lads but due to the tier 3 restrictions the Northern contingent won’t be attending, was really looking forward to seeing some of you ****ers again hopefully next year.
Take care have a good day once again gutted

You’re gutted? I was counting on you to carry my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbelboi

Reaction score
Simon, why good news? How about a quick tutorial. Also do we need a change of perceived tackle/tactics.
Long rod? Pole?
Presumably one can catch nearer the bottom of the steps where one would have fished when it was low?

Yes, I was hoping it would be like last time too - not sure what to expect now, that was the only time I've fished it.....

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
It wont be much different to last time. The high water level means we will probably be sitting on or near the top of the steps.
Obviously it will be around 3’ deeper than last time but nothing drastic, probably be around 6 or 7’ deep. Also you will need to cast out a bit further as you will have a flight of steps going out beneath your feet. It does mean that pole fishing will be possible as you can ship back across the path.Depends how windy it’s going to be.
The forecast is good and hopefully we’ll have a good days fishing as it is markedly better when the the water is high.

Morespiders

Reaction score

Attachments

• 8D548D93-23D4-4512-90FF-0C933F49D300.jpeg
    8D548D93-23D4-4512-90FF-0C933F49D300.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 131