Pedrezuela - 31.05.2009 [1]

Sylvain Lewandowski

Reaction score
Duration: 1h45
Place: Pedrezuela
Weather: sunny, 14? at 07:30, 26? at 9:15
Result: 2 pikes

As this is my last week in Spain, on Sunday I decided to enjoy a bit more "my"lake... The Madrid fishing is really bad, but this lake is in my opinion really special.
Unfortunately I was not able to arrive before 07:30...

The lake was a mirror, the water is really low as you can see on the following photos (never seen so low), that requires to approach the water still more discretly.
The positive thing being that after the fishing I could walk along the river searching for lost aritificial baits (it's a real cemetery) so I was back to home with a few hard baits /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif This lake had a debt!

No sooner had I arrived that I realized so late it was already.... The good but few surprises that can give this lake have to be tried far earlier. Last summer I was there normally at around 05:30...
Also a bad point, those damned pumpkinseeds which have reached a big size (everything has come earler this year, with a difference of 2 months comparing with last year), rather bad to make lures tempt pikes.

Well I decide to start with the white X-Rap 14, that I had hardly tried some weeks ago.
I begin on a place I know. During the first animations, while I am leaving the X-rap suspended a good moment, I see a really big carp close to my feet, tall and also big, very impressive! The head toward the floor, she does not see me, while I am contemplating and the pumpkinseeds move around her.

Just then, I head a typical noise, I see the twirl of a white body, followed by the typical "starting up" of a pike... That's while I was in contemplation of Mother Nature, a pike attacked the immobile X-rap...
Another shot from another point, and I catch it... unhooked.
A little while, shot from another point, this time hooked!... seems really strong, but it's this little one!!

310520090012472304.jpg