Photo uploads - need HELP!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I don't know if someone has corrupted my profile over the past years, but I can no longer add any photos to my own gallery, why is that?

I tried to send a message to the CONTACT - WEBSITE PROBLEMS and that just comes back with Invalid Request. Something has drastically gone wrong with this website and I need help from whoever is the organiser. This was my request -

How come I can't upload pictures to my gallery. I did find another gallery I could access a couple of weeks ago, but that doesn't show automatically and I've forgotten where it is now. The one I go to that states "My photos" has some of my photos in it, but it will not allow me to upload more. It just says I'm not authorised even though its MINE! Please explain or correct this, someone.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Still the same old (very old) software. Limited to 20mb in total (I've got individual images bigger than that!) and files limited to 200kb each. I just keep deleting the older images if I want to upload another.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Neil, I did delete a load of photographs from that album some time ago (years) so that shouldn't be a problems now. It just says I'm not authorised to upload - not that it's full or anything.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Very true - I still haven't had anyone get back to me on the many requests since the problem that developed following the software update towards the end of last year and still get the same message (below) when I press the 'mark forums read' link. I still have to log out, then back in again to update and it's the same on whatever search engine or laptop/pc I use- be nice if someone had the time to get back with an explanation..........

vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

sagalout

Reaction score
As I have said before, I cannot upload to my own gallery, my avatar does not display and I cannot see other peoples pictures when displayed from the gallery. Once again I expect no response from the techies.

cb

Admin
Reaction score
Sorry guys I've been fishing in Scotland. :)

I think this is caused by moving to a secure website https://

It is time to upgrade the software but believe me this will give you something to gripe about :) - so hold on to your hats!

I shall start this process from next Monday - so do please expect disruption. I also suggest you take a copy of any photographs you have in any galleries on here. I would move them to photobucket or similar anyway actually. That way you control your own personal image library and its destiny. And can show the images on here easily.

Meanwhile, try using this:

https://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/albums.html

Let me know if you cant upload things into here?

Cheers

Colin

PS. Woody - nice to see you back.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Meanwhile, try using this: https://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/members/albums.html Let me know if you cant upload things into here? Cheers Colin
That's better, I did some in there a few weeks ago, but couldn't find it this time. Thanks.
You think so? ;)

Go to say, the site doesn't seem as vibrant and active as it once was and the search feature on the front page used to have an 'advanced' search as well, great for thinning down the search criteria.

Also whilst I (hopefully) still have your attention, the pictures from many older articles no longer work. So of the information is still very relevant, but the pictures would add more detail. What happened to them?

Sorry, Colin, but as you know I always was a P.I.T.A. :D

chrissh

Reaction score

It is time to upgrade the software but believe me this will give you something to gripe about :) - so hold on to your hats!

I shall start this process from next Monday - so do please expect disruption. I also suggest you take a copy of any photographs you have in any galleries on here. I would move them to photobucket or similar anyway actually. That way you control your own personal image library and its destiny. And can show the images on here easily.

Cheers

Colin

not working still getting security warning that blocks uploading

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Go to say, the site doesn't seem as vibrant and active as it once

. . . probably due to the huge exodus some few years ago then of some really long term members and excellent anglers I guess . . . .

Many of the older articles have lost the attendant photographs when we changed servers a couple of years ago now.

Last edited:

greenie62

Reaction score
......It is time to upgrade the software but believe me this will give you something to gripe about :) - so hold on to your hats!.....

Hi Colin,
Will there be any notice of the upgrade? - A fanfare of trumpets perhaps? Maybe a summary of the changes or an Implementation phase plan?
Cheers :thumbs:
Mike

B

binka

They're giving me first dibs at a trial run to see how hard it is to break it :eek:mg:

sagalout

Reaction score
Can you let us know when you are starting to use it Binka so I can not bother to try getting on FM for a few weeks

flightliner

Reaction score
ruddy hell!!!.

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

--and again. !!!
Must be a fluke!

flightliner

Reaction score
No stopping you now - snotties all over the place.....................;)

maybe later Jerry. I'll not spoil your evening!:D

Just a big thanks for all who have helped me out with this issue, Jerry, Graham John step , Steve and others.

Last edited:

seth49

Reaction score

Cheers

Colin

Tried using this, no joy on my IPad, says uploading but nothing happens

greenie62

Reaction score
Just experimenting - using Facebook account Photo upload facility as a 3rd-party hosting facility! :eek:
20769972_381667452248032_3728115894594462058_n.jpg

- seems to work! - if you use the Right-Click 'Copy Image Location' and paste that into the Insert Image box.

Note that the piccy needs to be 'Publicly Shared' on your Facebook Timeline.

This could be a useful facility if you have a Facebook a/c - given the rate at which free Photo Hosting sites seem to be disappearing / ceasing to work.

Any disadvantages ?