Pike caught on duckling lures

Keith M

Reaction score
This is the first Duckling lure that I’ve seen and it appears to be very effective. Has anyone used one?
I’ve seen (but not used) artificial frog lures and small water vole lures but never seen bright yellow duckling lures.

Keith

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
Quite a few manufacturers knocking them out. Westin do a rather nice little Mandarin duck, you know, if you like me find these things a bit collectible.
I haven’t personally used them but tbh, I mean the pike “sees” vibration and disruption, what we as anglers refer to as noise. Wether it’s a pretend duck, bat, mouse is probably of little importance.

john step

Reaction score
I am trying to recall if I have ever seen a duckling taken by a pike.

Another Dave

Reaction score
I've never seen a Jack Russell drink from the village pond then disappear beneath a mysterious bow wave, but I'd still consider buying the corresponding lure.

David Gane

Reaction score
Savage Gear do a duckling lure called the Suicide Duck. I tried it on The Broads last summer when the pike were in the mood for surface lures and I got a good few attacks. I liked the action a lot but the downside was that most attacks missed the hooks, so before I use it again I will fashion a stinger for it. I reckon that will increase my success rate.

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
There was one with a guy fishing with his son, and one of his son's toy figures for pike, can't find it now.

Keep

Reaction score
keep in mind that he's an american fishing in unpressured crystal clear american waters

if you want a surface lure for our local murky pike rivers and canals, think about rattles rather than splashes, I've done very well with the heddon spook jr