Piking around Liverpool

J

jason fisher

another couple of weeks left before it's time to leave them alone really.

J

Jack Pike

Its not too bad on deep waters soon be luring season till the end of April then its a rest till the tenching season John I maybe out easter sunday

Milo

Reaction score
Thanks very much Jack Pike, most appreciated :) I'll show my mate when he comes round - he's also interested in joining.

John Prendergast

Reaction score
Further,

Been out a couple of times since, once dead baiting on Newsham Park lake and blanked and the other, lure/spinner fishing on the Leeds and Liverpool canal at which I had four, but before you all rush to congrantulate me, two of those were under a pound and the best was about three pounds.

Nevertheless, I was absolutely thrilled as this was the first time in twenty five years of fishing that I have ever caught anything on a spinner or a lure.

I cant wait to get out again and I am currently very busy, swatting up on the technicalities of this new found obsession.

Let me know when you are out again Gary, I am looking forward to it (or anyone else who fancies a trip out in the North West area.

P.S. Do small spinners and lures, only account for small pike?

Rexel0

Reaction score
Many Thanks lads,

These are some great tips, I cant wait to try some of these places out.

Because, since my return to fishing, I have hardly ever seen or heard of anyone fishing the canal, (this end anyway), I had assumed it was a lost cause.

Thankfully, that does not seem to be the case.

John