Pilgrims Progress

S

Steve Burke

John, no apology needed, I understood what you meant.

Good point, Eddy. On my syndicates I may kick rule breakers out on the spot, depending on the severity of the offence. Those who don't play the game simply don't get their tickets renewed at the end of the season. I don't make a song and dance about it, but just ask speak to them privately and then contact the next person on the waiting list.

W

Wendy Perry

Steve where is the fishery that you own is it up North or down South ?

Your rules are like the club tha i belong to and i think that the people who don't abide by these then when it comes to renewing their membership they simply don't even get a chance .
We also have a workparty every so often and thats to go and help keep the pond clean tidy, make sure the pegs are safe and cut the reeds and we always get a letter telling us when it is but not even half of them turn up and then these are the guys who complain saying it's a bloody mess trees need cutting and so on If i was the chairwoman of our club i'd make that one a definate rule !!

S

Steve Burke

Wendy, my gravel pits are in Kent, near Canterbury.

I've finally sold the problem of work parties after 7 years of cajoling. Those who don't attend and get their card stamped have to pay an extra ?60 in subs. As the subs themselves on one of the syndicates are only ?60 I now suddenly have lots of volunteers!