Progold monofilament

Reaction score
I've tried to get some 3.4 and 4.4 pro-gold from Birmingham AC,none in stock,but he put me in contact with Bewdley AC,bought all he had left which wasn't much.....

rob48

Reaction score
I bought 500m of 2.5 (which I use for waggler or making up stick rigs on winders) and as they were out of 3.4 in pro-gold he chucked in 100m of 3.4 pro-clear for me to try F.O.C.

Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday,expensive,but mine,lol...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
83 replies on a spool of line ,!!
What's so special about it. ?
What's wrong with Shimano Silk Shok or Daiwa Super Sensor, or dare I say it Maxima ,? ?

Reminds me of the bog roll loonacy in the early days of lockdown lol.

Last edited:

Reaction score
So if sensor,silk shock,maxima suddenly went off the market,or became unavailable and you swore by it,would you just go and buy some other sh1t,I use a handful of lines,fullstop,some use sensor similarly,just any old line will do...

Reaction score
83 replies on a spool of line ,!!
What's so special about it. ?
What's wrong with Shimano Silk Shok or Daiwa Super Sensor, or dare I say it Maxima ,? ?

Mainly,I wouldn't use them as I think they are dross and don't suit my fishing one bit.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So if sensor,silk shock,maxima suddenly went off the market,or became unavailable and you swore by it,would you just go and buy some other sh1t,I use a handful of lines,fullstop,some use sensor similarly,just any old line will do...

There's loads of lines that are suitable for legering so no prob's if all the ones Mark mentioned vanished.
If float fishing then my first port of call would be perlon.

Reaction score
You know what i'm getting at Ian,lines are about preference,that is float,lead,carp,pike,lure,whatever,I could fish with most lines,but I fish with a line I think is most suitable....that isn't any of the lines Mark mentions

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know what i'm getting at Ian,lines are about preference,that is float,lead,carp,pike,lure,whatever,I could fish with most lines,but I fish with a line I think is most suitable....that isn't any of the lines Mark mentions

Of course, I think we are having a little banter Alan ;)

Reaction score
As Simon has called 'off topic',I will reply to Keith's post here,I talked to the guy at BAC who gets the stuff into the UK,apparently due to covid they have missed their annual delivery slot from Japan,don't ask me how it works,but Terry Eustace tackle is Birmingham AC,it seems it will be next year now before normal difficulty is resumed....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Due to it's superiour quality the Jap's have made sure the precious supplies of sensor have been shipped :).

Other run of the mill lines such as fools gold have been held back as there is no demand for it....other than by a few anglers who can't even catch covid ? ?

Crystal Bend

Reaction score
Some spools of Pro Gold up for grabs on eBay if anyone is interested......

rob48

Reaction score
For anyone interested I've tried the 3.4lb Pro-Clear that Rob Eustace gave me. He said it was the same as pro-gold except for the colour and I think he's right. It's smooth, supple, low-memory, floats untreated but cuts below the surface easily with a flick of the rod and holds position without sinking like a stone, as some lines do.
I don't know what other strengths are currently available but if you're unable to obtain the pro-gold you require this is an excellent alternative.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Due to it's superiour quality the Jap's have made sure the precious supplies of sensor have been shipped :).

Other run of the mill lines such as fools gold have been held back as there is no demand for it....other than by a few anglers who can't even catch covid ? ?
96 posts on this, it should get to a 100 soon.
#SLM Sensor Line Matters.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought that Senseless was knocked up in a back street garage in Rotherham..................... :)

Sensor is made in Japan and is Japans flagship monofilament ??.

Because of it's inferiour build quality the Japanese employed two chinease workers to make fools gold but due to the lack of demand for fools gold they have had to lay one of the two chinease workers off and put the other on a two day week ?.