Rare Fishing Book

matt

Reaction score
I'm hoping you guys can point me in the direction of a copy of casting at the sun by Chris Yates.
I know its recently been re-issued but what I'm after is a 'special' copy. Leather bound, 1st edition, signed, that kind of thing.
Its for a presentation.

Any ideas??

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Not easy to get hold of.

The first editions were not leather bound as far as I know. You can get a re-print copy leather bound from Medlar Press for about ?100. But if you want a first edition signed you are probably looking at ?2000.00

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

?150-?200 for a first hardback unsigned.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Just what i was going to post up Tom.

T

tom riordan

I checked the tackle catologue as well some interesting stuff on there for the cane swishers. a href="http://www.mullockmadeley.co.uk/sporting/listcatelogues.php" target="_blank">antique tackle</a>

Just got lucky on Google Wol.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom,
Thanks a bunch - why not tell everyone while you're about it :)

Joking aside, this is difficult tome to pick up at a reasonable price.

Mullock and Maddely is a great auction house and you can phone in a maximum bid or a concession bid. I've had some luck on there with a few cane rods and 'pins.

Matt, in the interest of a non-aggression pact for FM'ers, I'll not bid on that one :)

Good luck - its a great read.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Tony Miles has a copy he wants to sell for ?150.00 I think.

Don't know the condition or if it is signed.

matt

Reaction score
Thanks very much guys I knew you wouldn't let me down.
Tom thanks for the link and ****y Anglebooks have a great selection.
Cheers

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Matt, several copies for sale on eBay, also, as it's for a presentation, if anyone on the site is in contact with Chris Yates, he may be persuaded, under the circumstance's, to sign a copy, especially as it is obviously a 'special' presentation.

C

Chub King

He signed all eight or so of mine recently. A true gent. And the best angling writer since Sheringham (sorry ****!).

Blunderer

Reaction score
Time for a boast:

I have signed first editions of "Casting" and "The Deepening Pool", I have a mint forst edition of "Passion For Angling", a signed, leather bound "Shadows and Reflections" and hardbacks of his other books.

I wonder what they are worth.

I am currently rereading "Casting at the Sun" for about the 30th time.

C

Chub King

Nice blunderer! Good boasting! Tops my collection of Yates books.
However, I'm awaiting delivery of a leatherbound edition of Lampard's First Cast. He, he! Just finished reading the review copy - awesome stuff. He was the first angler to catch Yateley's Basil before the fish was named Basil. What's more, he had the fish at 39lb-plus on two grains of corn on a size 10 to 4lb bottom whilst targeting the North Lake's tench! Only Terry! What a legend!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Nice guy to boot on the one occasion I've bumped into him.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

Tony had two copies Greg, now he has one. The one for sale was snapped up very quickly.

His other copy is a first day and signed. Not for sale!

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
It's catching this signed book thing,,,
It works on e-bay, buy it for not a lot, get it signed and re-sell for a ?20 min profit.

I kept meaning to visit Fred Bullers and have him scribe some of mine, but in the end I couldn't be arsed and I'm glad I've still got them.

Sold all me first edition books of Carp though, cost me around ?10 average per book, sold 14 of them for ?1300.

Have I missed them? Nope.

R

Robin Higgins

" I'm awaiting delivery of a leatherbound edition of Lampard's First Cast"

Has anyone got any details of where/when/how this is being released? I quite fancy a copy.