Returning to fish after 30+ years

AlbertHall

Reaction score
I gave up fishing because I didn't have time. Now I am retired that problem no longer applies. I have been isolating myself but as soon as I feel safe travelling on the bus (I don't have a car) I will be back to the water side to discover how much I have forgotten!

Keith M

Reaction score
Welcome back to fishing, and welcome to the Fishing Magic forum Albert ?

Keith

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome Albert, keep your guard up and stay safe when you start your fishing adventures.

AlbertHall

Reaction score
Thanks all :)

Does anyone know whether it is within regulations to travel 30 minutes on a bus to go fishing?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes it’s fine Albert, no time restrictions.......for now at least!

rayner

Reaction score
Welcome Albert, after 30+ years angling tackle wise as moved on apace, up to now no one as told the fish they still feed on the same baits.

David Gane

Reaction score
Welcome back!

Most of us fished as kids and many who only fish from time to time haven't really learned much more than they knew about fishing since they were teenagers. That's fine, but if I can offer a word of advice, as you get back into it push yourself to learn new techniques and styles of fishing. There are a myriad of ways of catching fish, and it keeps it fresh and interesting indefinitely.

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome Albert. I returned to fishing after 50 years and , in my case, there was nothing I had done previously which stood me in good stead save for the knowledge that you needed a rod, reel, line , hook and bait . I have learned a bit since then but have enjoyed the journey and continue to do so. It’s perfect for retirement and you will enjoy the highs and lows. Just get out there. :)

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Coincidentally a very good friend for over 60 years has just restarted fishing after a break of 30 years. He moved down to Winkton and overlooks the Hampshire Avon, you can see the river about a hundred yards away from his house. I can feel a visit coming on after lockdown, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk