Rite weigh

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I’ve come across an ingenious device called ‘rite weigh’. This is a scale that attaches as a section of your landing net handle, enabling a fish to be weighed without having to take it out of the net or use an alternative scale.

Ive ordered one for £24.99 and will report back on usage in due course.

I’m hopeless at estimating the weight of fish so intend using this for a while until I get a bit better!

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
So here it is. Looks pretty solid and tests with ornamental rocks from the garden indicate a reasonable amount of accuracy.

Attachments

• 6ED294D5-4A5A-4737-9BA2-8E83EC0419C3.jpeg
    6ED294D5-4A5A-4737-9BA2-8E83EC0419C3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 164

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
I've got three different landing net poles that allow the top foot of pole + net to be detached quickly so that the fish can be weighed in the net; one is an ancient alloy handle, a Preston one that's about 15 years years old, and very recently a Tricast one. of course the net still needs to be zeroed with the scales.

fishface1

Reaction score
Or try some of these if you are after a reasonable approximation of weight.

NGT 3 x Quick Release Systems Stainless Steel for Carp Fishing Buzz Bars New

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I've got three different landing net poles that allow the top foot of pole + net to be detached quickly so that the fish can be weighed in the net; one is an ancient alloy handle, a Preston one that's about 15 years years old, and very recently a Tricast one. of course the net still needs to be zeroed with the scales.
I also have the tricast net with this feature.

The device is intended for an approximate weight for match fishing purposes, I wouldn’t rely on it for massive accuracy.

Reaction score
I'm sorry,but for relatively small fish,ie good roach,dace,rudd,perch,crucians etc a decent plastic shopping bag and decent scales is my way forward,bigger fish then one of my weigh slings comes out(one in every bag),if I catch a fish worth weighing,I can spare the time to do a good job...I weighed one fish yesterday,a 2lb 7oz crucian,the plastic bag was out,along with the electric samsons,then I counted the scales along the lateral line,after giving it a drink...

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Its normally 50lb per net, depending on venue that could be 20 smaller carp or 10 larger, .
If I was you I would weigh first one to give you an idea of size visually, then use a clicker/counter and average them out, should be no problems, and speed is of the essence in a match,
Yes that’s the idea. I’ll probably weigh a couple of the stamp fish then weigh the munters at the end. I’m not intending to weigh every fish.
I also bought 2 rite clicks, which are clickers that attach to your keepnets. Great idea.