River Lugg Decimated.

silvers

Reaction score
See my post in the EA thread. I can well believe that one element of the EA would allow this to happen while another element of the EA was blissfully unaware. Such is the lot of large organisations with multiple departments that have different goals and remits.
This , let alone the multiple voices of Natural England, wildlife trusts etc, etc.

Aknib

Reaction score
Sort out the fact from fiction on all sides.

If that report is accurate i'll hold my hand up and say that I have full sympathy with the farmer concerned.

It would appear that he has acted diligently and within the law in the best interests of all concerned and at his own expense, thus doing the EA a favour in the process.

This wreaks of another multi-agency cock up of monsterous proportions, with the EA yet again coming out of it particularly badly for encouraging and granting the work in the first place and then joining the lynch mob after the event.

I think this underlines the fact that it is no longer acceptable for large, publicly funded bodies to use the excuse that their remits are so wide reaching that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, this is public money that they are wasting by the boat load and that's before we get to the consequences and personal discomfort that they have caused the farmer.

I hope the farmer has grounds to bring a case against the EA for their sheer incompetency.

As I say all of that is subject to the report in that link being accurate, we now have two sides of the story and whilst the truth often sits somewhere in between I think this looks particularly bleak for the EA.

As for Natural England...

Well, I wish they would just f*** off.

davebhoy

Reaction score
That’s a weird photo. Did he cut off his left foot when he was clearing all the trees?

Wakou

Reaction score
In Private Eye issue #1538 (current, 8 Jan-21 Jan 2021)
LUGG.jpg

Wakou

Reaction score
If that report is accurate i'll hold my hand up and say that I have full sympathy with the farmer concerned.

It would appear that he has acted diligently and within the law in the best interests of all concerned and at his own expense, thus doing the EA a favour in the process.

This wreaks of another multi-agency cock up of monsterous proportions, with the EA yet again coming out of it particularly badly for encouraging and granting the work in the first place and then joining the lynch mob after the event.

I think this underlines the fact that it is no longer acceptable for large, publicly funded bodies to use the excuse that their remits are so wide reaching that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, this is public money that they are wasting by the boat load and that's before we get to the consequences and personal discomfort that they have caused the farmer.

I hope the farmer has grounds to bring a case against the EA for their sheer incompetency.

As I say all of that is subject to the report in that link being accurate, we now have two sides of the story and whilst the truth often sits somewhere in between I think this looks particularly bleak for the EA.

As for Natural England...

Well, I wish they would just f*** off.
LUGG.jpg