robot wars

D

Dave Johnson

I know this is not exactly fishing but i missed the final cos of Sedge and Cooperman.
phoned the wife and she duly videod the final all but the lat ten minutes.........
does anyone know who won?
Dave the Grayling.....

S

Steve Baker

Its repeated sunday, around 12ish. but u wont be suprised who won.

J

Jonathan Faro

OK here goes. It was like a normal shpw without the 3 on 3 bit. Hypno disk V's Pussy cat and Chaos II V's That funny barrel one with the anvil.

Pussycat took out hypno disks reel wheel with it's first charge then pushed it into shunts CPZ. Shunts pick axe went into the spinning disk adn the disk pulled the axe into it's bodywork with so much force it took itseld out totaly.

The funny anvil one was then knocked out on a judges decision as they said Chaos II had better control.

The final was more or less the same and chaos two won it.

R

Richard Drayson

It was a surprise to see Robot Wars mentioned in this forum. I actually took part in series 5, and my robot `V-Max` featured in Heat P. We managed to flip over Cerberus in our first heat, only to come up against Hypnodisc in the next fight when the inevitable happened. I`m currently building another robot for the next series which is due to be filmed during July/August. It occupies a lot of my time but gives me something to do during the close season.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Good luck Richard. Me and my grandson are big fans of Robo Wars.

R

Richard Drayson

Hi Steve. No the robot was completely trashed by hypnodisc in the fight. We`re currently re-building for the next series. We`re also trying to make it more interesting to look at, the last one looked like a wedge of Double Gloucester cheese!

D

Dave Johnson

I remember vmax, wasnt it the first opportunity that hypnodisc had to show off its awesome power????
sorry Rich, but it adds another intresting thread in these fishless days as F&M takes hold

S

Steve Baker

I know absoloutly nothing about robot building so forgive my ignorance rich. The thing is hypnodisc, is it as powerful as it looks? Was your vmax a decent robot? as hypnodisc looked unstoppable (except to a pussy of course) and i was just wondering if your robot was solid? as you sounded quietly confident beforehand... No offense at all intended,

Also what kind of fishing do you do? and where?

Fishing? robotars? close subject?

R

Richard Drayson

Dave. Yes, it was the first time that hypnodisc appeared in the last series.

Steve. Hypnodisc is a really powerful robot. It managed to slice through 4mm aluminium that we used for our robots bodywork.
Most of my fishing is done on the River Test in Hampshire.

S

Steve Baker

What are your plans for your next robot? also is all filmed in one day?

and i have never heard of the river test any good fish in it?

R

Richard Drayson

Not sure exactly what our plans are for the next robot as we`re only just making a start on it.
The R. Test is mainly a game fish river but holds relatively small numbers of big fish such as carp, chub, roach, bream etc. If you go to my website at www.chubbing.fsnet.co.uk it`ll give you more info.