Rockaway Surf SP Rods by Okuma!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
The Newest Rockaway Edition:)

I love these 2 lightweight editions. And i do mean lightweight! Only 2 2pc 8'6" models. The ML is only 4oz. FOUR OUNCES?! And the M is only 4.4oz. These were made for the S.California Surf Perch anglers by Okuma as Okuma started the Rockaway wave for the Sea Perchers off the Oregon Coastline initially.

To be honest i really like this rod! It's not often that i can handle such a light surf rod at 8'6". During my shooting i couldn't think of the right spinner & size for this rod. At first i was trying on the Inspira 30 as it was the same colors. Looked good & hardly no weight. But i found an unused reel in the box that was perfect & had fresh line on it. The new IRT 3000. So that'll be my spinner for this rod.

# MODEL- RSP-S-862ML # MODEL- RSP-S-862M
FOREGRIP LENGTH- 0" FOREGRIP LENGTH- 0"
HANDLE STYLE- A HANDLE STYLE- A
LINE WEIGHT- 6 - 12 LBS LINE WEIGHT- 8 - 17 LBS
LURE WEIGHT- 3/16 - 1/2 OZ LURE WEIGHT- 1/4 - 5/8 OZ
NUMBER OF GUIDES- 7 + TIP NUMBER OF GUIDES- 7 + TIP
REARGRIP LENGTH- 12-1/2" REARGRIP LENGTH- 12-1/2"
ROD LENGTH- 8' 6" ROD LENGTH- 8' 6"
ROD POWER- ML ROD POWER- M
ROD TAPER- MF ROD TAPER- MF
PRODUCT SECTIONS- 2pc PRODUCT SECTIONS- 2pc
WEIGHT OZ- 4oz WEIGHT OZ- 4.4oz
MSRP- $99.99 MSRP- $99.99

Attachments

• Surf SP Cover.jpg
    Surf SP Cover.jpg
    703.6 KB · Views: 97

mikench

Reaction score
Why ruin a video with a pointless and intrusive soundtrack . The Audio is poor because of wind and made even worse by the horrible techno music. You are promoting fishing tackle not disco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Why ruin a video with a pointless and intrusive soundtrack . The Audio is poor because of wind and made even worse by the horrible techno music. You are promoting fishing tackle not disco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry for the bad sound. We had weeks of storms & has costed the State millions in cleaning it up. Many on the North Shore were displaced by the water & mud. I broke my toe & sprained the other filming out in this a week ago.

mikench

Reaction score
Well at least we know that we look at your vids and you see the responses and reply. In the midst of a miserable British winter plus a lockdown it's refreshing to see the sunshine of Hawaï. It's a shame that much of the Okuma tackle you get isn't available in Europe as I might succumb to temptation. All the best.