Saying hi!

arcturusmvs

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined and looking forward to getting all the wisdom and advice I can from fellow members. Haven't fished since I was a teenager in the early 80s so it's been a while but hooked again already (sorry!). Looking forward to all aspects of coarse fishing, and gradually getting my head around how much has changed and the sheer range of gear, baits and methods available now, as well as where to fish. Based in Kent and looking forwqard to exploring locally and further afield.

Even after a brief scroll through the forums it's wonderful to see the support and advice offered by all - looking forward to hopefully contributing some of my own gradually.

Thanks everyone!

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. Dont forget there is long running thread called HOW DID YOU GET ON.
Its an interesting read and a good way to let us know how you progress and get on with all the changes you mention.
Successes and blanks!

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. As above and don't forget the search function. You have an excellent tackle shop just down the road in Dartford. Start threads, reply to threads and make friends.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Arc, welcome to the forum. Where do you fish and what do you like to catch?

If you want to add any of your catch reports there is a thread called ‘How did you get on’ which members use for this.

Look forward to your posts.

Keith

arcturusmvs

Reaction score
Welcome bud, don' get too serious, have fun and get involved.
Good advice and will do!
Welcome to the forum. As above and don't forget the search function. You have an excellent tackle shop just down the road in Dartford. Start threads, reply to threads and make friends.
Thank you - and thanks for the tip re the tackle shop. Looking forward to the end of lockdown so I can visit a few shops and get chatting/browsing.

arcturusmvs

Reaction score

If you want to add any of your catch reports there is a thread called ‘How did you get on’ which members use for this.

Keith

Keith
Thanks Keith. Just a couple of short sessions on a 'free' stretch of the Medway near Maidstone thus far - great fun drop-shotting for perch, though bites were very few and far between.

David Gane

Reaction score
Hi Arc. And welcome back to the fold. If you're anything like me when I came back to fishing after a long break you haven't just got a lot of fun catching up ahead of you. You will be starting on a journey as your style and interests change over time. Most people who return seem to start off fishing commercials for silver fish and then get hooked on carp. Nothing wrong with that at all, but give it time though and there is so much more to move on to if you want to. My own journey saw me get hooked on predator fishing - piking, spinning and subsequently into a deep obsession with the fly. Remember, keep it fresh and keep learning!

arcturusmvs

Reaction score
Hi Arc. And welcome back to the fold. If you're anything like me when I came back to fishing after a long break you haven't just got a lot of fun catching up ahead of you. You will be starting on a journey as your style and interests change over time. Most people who return seem to start off fishing commercials for silver fish and then get hooked on carp. Nothing wrong with that at all, but give it time though and there is so much more to move on to if you want to. My own journey saw me get hooked on predator fishing - piking, spinning and subsequently into a deep obsession with the fly. Remember, keep it fresh and keep learning!
Thank you - and good advice! Funnily enough the carp fishing is further down my list at the moment, but I want to try it all and see what clicks. There's definitely float fishing for a tench or two on my wants list, as well as catching perch on lures. At this stage I'm just trying to get my head around where I can actually go and fish - lots of exploring and research ahead!