Screw keeps spinning on my alarms

The wicker man

Reaction score
Hello, one of my alarms keeps spinning on the screw part, I don't seem to know (or be able to) tighten it up so when I place it on my pod it isn't totally still and can move about a bit.

Is there anything I can do please? The alarm otherwise works well and is it comes with a receiver I was reluctant to get rid.

Thank you

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Hello, one of my alarms keeps spinning on the screw part, I don't seem to know (or be able to) tighten it up so when I place it on my pod it isn't totally still and can move about a bit.

Is there anything I can do please? The alarm otherwise works well and is it comes with a receiver I was reluctant to get rid.

Thank you

What make and model are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wicker man

Reaction score
They are sundridge radio optonics, I have got 3 of them and 2 of them the screw just spins around.

Exactly the same as in the pic below.

Attachments

• alarm.jpg
    alarm.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 69

The wicker man

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

I don't really know about these things to be honest and they have been like this for about a year and a half now.

Essentially you have got the screw thread that goes into a bankstick or pod and then above that as you say there is a small round screw that seems to spin around with the long thread, not seperate to it, so I can't tighten them up if that makes sense?

OK amazingly what you said made me think that this would be how they would tighten up, I genuinely didnt know that, so I sprayed some lubricant on the screw and with a bit of encouraging I managed to seperate the 2 screw parts from each other (I thought they was just one connected part) and have now been able to tighten up one alarm, going to try the 2nd one now.

Thank you so much, I didnt know the parts could seperate and then be tightened up afterwards, these are my first alarms, I go them 2nd hand and they seem to work OK.

Last edited: