Shakespeare Clubmaster Twintip 1862-330

hgi

Reaction score
Could anyone enlighten me on this rod? - I'm just getting back into fishing and am a general course river fisher, mainly targeting barbel and chub.

Someone close to me is selling this on gumtree and I have no idea if it would be suitable - I can't really find any info on it.

Thanks in advance

Griggs

Bluenose

Reaction score
It might be a bit light for barbel, it'll be fine for chub I suspect.
How much?

hgi

Reaction score
£60 on gumtree - apparently the fella inherited it and wants to get rid - but if it's no good for barbel it's no good for me.

Thanks for the advice chaps

Lark

Reaction score
That rod is a terrific piece of kit. The quiver top is ideal for chub and, strangley enough, I was using mine yesterday with the avon top and swing-tip. It's great for medium range bream, roach and tench fishing.
£60 is a bit much for that rod these days and it's no good as a frontline barbel rod. Although I've had quite a few on mine I would never set out for barbel with it.

delphi 73

Reaction score
That rod is a terrific piece of kit. The quiver top is ideal for chub and, strangley enough, I was using mine yesterday with the avon top and swing-tip. It's great for medium range bream, roach and tench fishing.
£60 is a bit much for that rod these days and it's no good as a frontline barbel rod. Although I've had quite a few on mine I would never set out for barbel with it.

Agree with the above but I always use mine for barbel - plenty of back bone in both tops and had carp to 12lb.

£60 quid though WOW - They were only £70 new - better rods for that money around

Chris Season32

Reaction score
£70 20 years ago (when did Shakespeare stop making them btw?). :D If it was in mint nearly unused condition maybe.

Last edited:

noodle

Reaction score
Going back a bit for this one I've a pair of these... ?
I've just bought a mint unused still with price stickers on it clubmaster specimen rod
How much?