Side puller

Trophy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever fitted a Vespe side puller kit to a m a p tsk topkit .I have been told that the puller
Plastic wrap is 18 mm internal diameter and it appears that my topkit is around 20 mm .Can anyone
Help please.

john step

Reaction score
I have fitted two recently.
One was drilled (with some trepidation) to my Browning Black Magic which has a reinforced place to drill. Therefore I only needed the version without the wrap round. Check to see if your pole has such a reinforced section. It may have. In which case you will not need the version you refer to. Just the insert type.

The other to a Browning Pit Bull which required the wrap round type which just slides down to where it comes to a stop and that is where I drilled. Works for me.

As there is only 2 mm difference it may well be that if you need the wrap round version you can slide it down to where it stops and that may be very close albeit a bit higher to where you envisage? I doubt it would make much difference in use.

There are other versions with plenty of instructions on the You tube. Perhaps to put a puller exactly where you want it?

What I would say is do buy a grinding drill bit as recommended. I cannot recall the size but I bought a set with all the sizes off the bay for under a tenner. These grinder type drills make the job so much easier.

There are tackle dealers which will fit puller kits for you should there be any doubt.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Not got personal experience but I’ve heard that those vespe kits with the sliding section have failed for some people.

I have however fitted reinforced sections for around 10 MAP TKS top kits using the esselle kit and can highly recommend. No issues with any of them, using the MAP curved pullers.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Not got personal experience but I’ve heard that those vespe kits with the sliding section have failed for some people.

I have however fitted reinforced sections for around 10 MAP TKS top kits using the esselle kit and can highly recommend. No issues with any of them, using the MAP curved pullers.
I have the esselle kit, bought it to strengthen the bottom of a couple of number 3 sections on an old pole, Before I could use it I sold the pole,
Going to let a friend have it to repair a cracked section on his pole.
As for the Vespe I would forget that and get kits overwrapped if not already done and drill to suit, Far neater job,