Small River/Stream feeder rod

Rod & Annette

Reaction score
After a feeder rod for primarily Chub fishing on smaller rivers and streams.

Feel like 11ft is a perfect length for the venues I fish but not averse to going a little longer or shorter.

Would love a Harrison Avon with a spliced quivertip but for the time it will be used that's a bit out of budget.

Had a thought of Drennan Duo 1.25lb.

I did have a Beastmaster 9-11ft rod a while ago which was good and stupidly let that go.

Any other suggestions?

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
I bought a Shakespeare Agility Commercial feeder 11' last year for under £50. Nice rod for the money but it is a bit light for barbel in my river, a 4lb barbel had it bent to the butt - pleasant feel though!

There was some mention of carp in the advertising - these "commercial" carp must be absolute wooses!

Now it's there for the chub and perch so I have not wasted my money.

tincle

Reaction score
I have the Drennan series 7 1.25 lb 11ft twin tip which according to Drennan is nearly the same as the duo rods , I use mine for my Chub and light barbel fishing without any problems , so I would imagine the duo would be perfect for what you want. Hope this helps.

Hugh Bailey

Reaction score
I have the Preston carbonactive 11’6” supera. Lovely rod, maybe a bit over gunned for roach etc but perfect for chub / barbel etc. Only really fish rivers and canals - been great for both.

chevin4

Reaction score
I have invested in a couple of 1.25 Drennan Duos lovely rods ideal for chub and small stream barbel fishing. Not sure if there is a fault with the tip rings on the avon top. They look like end rings fitted to quiver tips does someone know if this is standard or a mistake during manufacturing

TimFB

Reaction score
I have a Harrison Avon - they are very very nice rods. I found one second hand for peanuts (lucky) and rebuilt it. I have had carp to 14lb, bream to 8lb on it...the carp was “interesting” mind you :D

christhoel

Reaction score
when i go round the local stream i travel light with a 7ft telescopic makes some good fights but when its tight with over hanging trees i find it perfect floats or bombs and its sensitive enough to detect bites but strong enough to cope with low double figure fish

Rod & Annette

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I keep yearning for one so I'm going to get a Harrison built up as a Christmas present for myself!

TimFB

Reaction score