Spod mix

Carpyman

Reaction score
Hey guys I use spod syrup everytime I fish.

I make my own glug and it's amazing how do I make my own thick spod syrup that won't go over thick if its stood to long. I've tried the cornflour way but it goes hard when left for a week

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Without knowing more about the spod mixture, the ingredients of your syrup or what you mean by thickening it's difficult to say with any certainty; but you could add some breadcrumb, standard groundbait, fishmeal, milk powder, gravy granules (may thicken over time) to the mix to reduced the wetness of it?

Philip

Reaction score
If your happy with your own glug maybe just add a little water and give it a stir before you use it ? For extra attraction the water thats left over after you boil any particles ..especially if its still hot... Just add some of that to your glug and give it a stir.

As an aside for small amounts I often just cook particles like hemp in a thermos flask, pour on boiling water and leave overnight... no smell and the hemp and water stays hot. Great additive for any groundbait, just pour it directly on and mix.