Sticky cheese paste...

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Hi all, making up some cheese paste for the autumn. What would you add to a paste that is a tad too sticky?

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
How are you making it? What's in it?

When cheese is heated, it separates - if you work it for a long time it heats up more, work it for a bit, then put it in the fridge to cool down, then start working it again (that's how bakers make pastry).

Phil Adams

Reaction score
How are you making it? What's in it?

When cheese is heated, it separates - if you work it for a long time it heats up more, work it for a bit, then put it in the fridge to cool down, then start working it again (that's how bakers make pastry).

Interesting. I couldn't tell you what's in it. This is the equivalent of a master sauce. It has been added to more times than I can recall. Most Christmases, I take all the left over cheeses and add them to the batch, then separate into smaller balls. I had some left over grana padano and some type of smelly cheese that my wife was about to get rid of, so added it to the mix. It just became a little sticky.

I've added some dry, fine, breadcrumb that has gotten it to the texture I like.

I smell like a vagrants foot!

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Ah, I thought you had made a fresh batch. I'm not sure that I could contain myself without being able to repeat a recipe, it would drive me nuts ?

Phil Adams

Reaction score
Ah, I thought you had made a fresh batch. I'm not sure that I could contain myself without being able to repeat a recipe, it would drive me nuts ?

Lol just keep adding stuff. If you don't catch blame the weather. This stuff honks. I do remember putting some butyric acid in thereat some point but the cheese smell is just ridiculous lol.

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
Sourdough culture comes to mind :eek: I'm sure it's something else that fabreeze can't deal with ?