Strange and unnerving lures

mikench

Reaction score
I have watched quite a few vids recently on a range of lures of the lookalike variety. I have seen rats, ducklings even a kingfisher. I have a couple of frog lures bought for me by er indoors as a joke as she knows I cannot abide frogs and run a mile if I find one in the garden.

I couldn't bring myself to try these for like but do others use them?

steve2

Reaction score
Have used mouse and frog lures and caught on them. Chub seem to like them more than pike.

steve2

Reaction score
The bat lure is not much different in action to the Heddon Crazy Crawler lures I use.
These duck and bat lures wont find a place in my lure box.

stillwater blue

Reaction score
Weedless frog lures are fantastic lures to fish in heavy cover, you can literally fish them anywhere. They do suffer from a massively high ratio of non-hook ups being weedless so can get a little frustrating at times.

I've not bothered with the other realistic lures as I've already got similar lures and it's the action that catches not the fact it looks like a potential prey item. However it's nice to have easy access to surface lures that are pike sized

Another Dave

Reaction score
Just in case anyone missed it, the OP - a grown man may I add - is scared of frogs. I sincerely hope that FM users will show some maturity and restraint, and not misuse this information is such a way that could be construed as bullying the big girl's blouse.

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of these things will work. Like any lure your only creating vibrations and visual que’s that create a strike, be it territorial or feeding. I don’t have many but have enjoyed using the Savage Cicada, which is obviously not even a native creature but could be mistaken for a may bug or similar.

mikench

Reaction score
Just in case anyone missed it, the OP - a grown man may I add - is scared of frogs. I sincerely hope that FM users will show some maturity and restraint, and not misuse this information is such a way that could be construed as bullying the big girl's blouse.

I always liked you Dave but with posts like that I might put you on the frog list; I hate them for reasons I cannot explain.:rolleyes:

d.owens

Reaction score
View attachment 8897

Online bullying is, usually, nasty and has no place on a friendly forum. Usually.
But when a grown man is scared of cute little creatures, it's compulsory!