Sunshine & Fishing wanted

• Thread starter Kieran Hanrahan
  • Start date
K

Kieran Hanrahan

HI

Group of Irish lads interested in fishing somewhere warm for a week around next February or March - would anyone recommend locations or package deals or specific charter boats or websites or ... well anything. We have never done this before so all help very welcome.

Thanks

D

David Will

I can recommend Trinidad and Tobago although I am told you may want to delay till April for the best fishing.It is not cheap but if you avoid Easter weeks it is out of season prices.
The following is a list of charters who can assist.

1. You are the boss tell the skipper what you want out of the charter.
2. However take the advice given , as these guys want you back.
3. Don't ignore the beaches and rock marks as these can provide brilliant sport with rays and large reef type fish.Lures do well from the beach.
Finally you will be trolling on the charters unless you say otherwise, it can be boring, very hot but very exciting if it goes to plan.I dont bother with a full day , a morning or evening half day is sufficient with a few hours on the beach to fill in and keep the cost down.As with here the moon affects the tides so if you can make enquiries with the resort about high tides.(tides are notlike ours but you still get high and low even though most folk would not notice)
Best of all you will even find draught Guinness.

Barracuda Charters Petit Valley Diego Martin TT 868-637-0134
Blue Magic Charters Ltd. Scarborough Trinidad & Tobago 868-639-3212
Dream Catcher Marine Charters Grafton Tobago 868-680-7457
Excellent Charters Port Of Spain Trinidad 809-623-6464
Hard Play Sport Fishing Charters Canaan Tobago Trinidad & Tobago W.I. 868-639-7108
Island Style Charters Orlando FL 407-696-6744
Mount Irvine Watersports Bon Accord Tobago 868-639-9379
TNT Charters LTD Port of Spain Trinidad 868-632-3974

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Try the Gambia, not sure about prices but it used to be cheap as mince a few years ago.....last time I was there all my fishing charters were cancelled because there was a military coup, though because the Airport was shut we ended up getting an extended holiday freee of charge (an extra two weeks in the sun)

A

alan outen

look on sea-angling.org
someone on their booked a week in gambia for ?380