Thames Fish In ??

barbelboi

Reaction score
Why not you lightweight ? Not as if there's any happening that time of year is it !

Where the Hell is Walton anyway ? If its that kin hole that you took me to before Pavey then I'm not fishing there.

Walton's OK Skip - you've probably got more chance of a Z than that commie you frequent.............;)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Its a fish in, not a bloody Matt Hayes we have to catch this species day ;), fish for what ever you want. I'll be trying for one of those blank days :D

Saturday 10th January 2015 it is then,, i will start a new thread.

cheers guys.

Message for Simon, where is the Thames :confused:

aebitim

Reaction score
Up to Kelly, will have to wait to see if she notices, time she posted anyway, children, who would ave em, , count me in.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I last fished Walton in 1978!.

It was spot on for gudgeon and ruffe in the winter or bleak in the summer, as i recall. Infact it was world class for bleak.

I much preferred the rustic surroundings of Chertsey Meadow and fished there until little more than 25 years ago. I even got to use the landing net there on several occasions.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Where the Hell is Walton anyway ? If its that kin hole that you took me

You wouldn't remember the way skippy because Phil did the navigation to get you there.
You may however remember you said " I like it here " once you settled into your swim. Then you got so frustrated missing dace bites on your waggler, I swear you smoked 147 fags during the session....and then started a new thread about " damned dace" .... Or such the like..
And I battered you on the pole from the next peg... ;)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
You wouldn't remember the way skippy because Phil did the navigation to get you there.
You may however remember you said " I like it here " once you settled into your swim. Then you got so frustrated missing dace bites on your waggler, I swear you smoked 147 fags during the session....and then started a new thread about " damned dace" .... Or such the like..

Battered ?? Skippy likes Spanking, so he says :eek:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Looks good to me. And I'll bevable to tell the grandchildren when to get the sledge and skis ready.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro

And here is what actually happened.

Simon got there an hour early to bag the best swim and caught a few more fish than me but I would hardly call it a battering. It was 15' deep a rod out and flowing backwards.I had a few fish but it clearly didn't make that big an impression on me because I've never been back.

TBH I'm not fussed on the place. There must be better stretches than that.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
There must be better stretches than that.

Maybe we should have a vote? :eek:

The options in area I would list are below, but i havent fished most of them for way too long to know if they are any good these days (probably better than i remember from what i read):

1. Thames Walton: free fishing free car park by river

2. Thames Chertsey: free fishing Pay and Display car park near river

3. Thames Windsor (Home Park/Potts Field): Old Windsor Day ticket on bank Pay and Display Car Park near river

4. Thames Laleham/Penton Hook/Sunbury - I dont know these stretches or their car parking options

4. Thames Runnymede: National Trust Day ticket (on bank?), Pay and Display Car Park by river (set opening times).

5. Thames Richmond tidal: Free fishing car park nearby(?)

I think spots like Staines, Kingston, Hampton Court, Shepperton etc are difficult parking wise unless you know where to go?.

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Maybe we should see what info surfaces on various stretches before we commit to a venue ? The Thames in January might be a bit lively so whereas I'm fine with the concept & the date it might be prudent to see what condition the river is in before we settle on a venue.

The only bit of the Thames I know at all [and that not well] is Windsor which is full of dace,perch & roach [though the roach dont always show] plus there is a lock cutting if the main river is bombing through. Whether it fishes in the winter I really dont know. Laleham was chucking up fabulous nets of roach a few weeks back.

I just think to dive in and say " right its Walton" is going a lap early.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ok guys, i am not going to bang my head against a wall, it hurts.

I am easy, what ever you guys want is fine by me, but lets narrow it down, unless we fish a section each :eek:

So name the section you want to fish from the list given, and the one with the most votes is the section for the fish in, Sound fair ???

Unless some one has a bang on section we don't know of yet.

Lets give it a week to see how it goes.

what you think ??

Chertsey

Laleham

Windsor

Richmond.

Not doing Runnymede as its limit on time, and some may want to stay late, or get there early, No not you Windy, don't want you missing your lay in,,,,,,,,,Big Smile here.

Last edited:

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I dont know how theyre fishing these days - someone who fishes the Thames in the area should help.

As a place to spend a few hours blanking i would rather opt for the less busy banks of Windsor, Laleham or Chertsey compared to Walton. I know that Windsor and Chertsey also have the option of putting a big bait or feeder out across to the trees (eg for gudgeon) instead of running a float down for the roach and dace (and bleak). At Walton i think the best bits used to be around the Desborough island (more limited car parking) - but my info is 30 years out of date!.

greenie62

Reaction score
...... No not you Windy, don't want you missing your lay in,,,,,,,,,.

Has anyone arranged the payment to Windy to avoid the bad weather - I don't think he got it in time to stop the wet start at LIF - that should have been a warning! :eek:

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned Thames at Pangbourne. From memory the water once held the UK match record with 177Ibs of bream in 1977. It was also the first place i ever fished.

On second thoughts, knowing how popular bream are, probably not a good idea to go there. Although a pretty place punts could also be a problem:
chub_on_the_block-albums-fish-tank-picture3952-thames-pangbourne.jpg

mick b

Reaction score
Yes all being well I will attend.

But as someone who has never been inside the M25 since it was built I will require some local assistance, Lat. Long, or car park Post Code, travelling times to avoid a traffic jam, etc.

The only Walton I have heard of is Walton-on-the-Naze, is that the place your talking about :confused:

Does this place have a flow, will there be fish to catch and will the locals provide an out-of-towner with some tips/coaching?

And lastly do I have to trot sitting down London stylie?

:D