Thames Fish In ??

barbelboi

Reaction score
Oh great.....that's narrowed it down a bit then. Are there no Thames anglers on here ? Damned if I'm fishing somewhere just because the parking's free and somebody caught 3 dace in 1978.

Not trying to narrow it down Skip, just indicating to Ray that I'm happy to pretty much go with the flow (as long as it's not tidal).;) Although I'm generally on a river twice a week it's usually one of the Thames tributarys and have not fished the Thames since the late 70's so am happy to leave the venue decision to others - BTW, who told you about my dace.................??

fruitowl

Reaction score
ian I have a lovely carp chair a day shelter and a small stove and kettle for tea and coffee as well as a nice little heater planning on fishing in pure comfort lol

rubio

Reaction score
Steve are you doing a tea Stall for the day ?? :D don't forget the cakes :)

What a fine idea. Getting ever more tempting to join up. Hope venue can be decided then I will make a more definite commitment. The offer of bacon sarnies could hold sway tho.
My very limited experience of the thames is all downstream of Laleham. Don't have a preference myself for location but free parking and free fishing sound fine. Can't quite understand why tidal wouldn't be considered based on quality of fishing. I witnessed some very chunky carp and decent barbel below the last (excepting the barrage) weir at Richmond footbridge close to isleworth. I spent my time after dace and roach and generally caught well. First place I encountered 'wet bread'. Two old codgers were already in "MY" spot when I arrived. Fortunately I sat and watched for a bit and learned just how good the fishing could be with a little local nous.Got a feeling those codgers were, and may well still be rather famous and revered amongst those that pay attention. I certainly caught better quality fish copying them than I ever did previously.
Should I come along I make no apology for shamelessly copying anyone else who catches well either. Duffers privilege.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
unfortunately ray the date selected is when I will either be in hospital or on crutches recovering from my op.

Don't worry Steve,

We can come and get you, and drop you back at the end of the day, FM members will do anything for the Tea Boy :D:D.

Steve, hope all goes well. Not joking but my brother in law has just had a Hip Op, ( No I am not rapping ), he was up and about two days after the Op, and walking about on his own in no time at all. He said the relief from the pain was Fantastic and was back at work within 5 weeks.

Good luck mate, catch the next Fish in. You should be fit enough by then, you can carry Skippys box. Hope your a body builder :)

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have tonight been approached by, I quote, the "Izzit a Fifty - the Original, Official and Only Organ of Northern Carp Rude Boys" (Know them, anyone? Tiny, I understand.): "Any chance of getting us on the opposite bank, Paul? Or in a partyboat with plenty of Tetley's and Vaux midstream? Our six- and eight-ounce gripper leads inches out from their unfilled keepnets will shut them Southern Ponces up!".

I asked my Cultural Affairs Consultant and Translator ladies (lovely gals) to a) first tell me just what these fellows meant by this (their crude vernacular was worse than Ancient Greek to me), and b) to send them a very nice, conciliatory "I regret that this won't be possible." reply with a crate of complimentary clogs and ferrets and a food parcel of lard. As much a gentleman can do for such sorts, after all.

So I've headed off a diplomatic incident before it started, fellas. Just be thankful.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Quote, misquote....

Ah yes, Surrey. The home of it.

My English master -http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/obituary-philip-balkwill-1239601.html - at a school in the county drummed gently into me and his other pupils "Read much, believe little, always be critical, it's the only way you'll sort the precious few gems from all the streambed pebbles. Above all, think for yourself and don't let anyone do the thinking, doing and naming for you."'

Another old boy, rather after my time, had the old school's sickbay renamed the other year I discovered, from something very Victorian to the Hunt Medical Centre (private), but then he is in some sort of Government.

kams5747

Reaction score
Up to Kelly, will have to wait to see if she notices, time she posted anyway, children, who would ave em, , count me in.

Hello, (just catching up with the reports of the fun from Sunday) yes, definitely count me in.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I have tonight been approached by, I quote, the "Izzit a Fifty - the Original, Official and Only Organ of Northern Carp Rude Boys" (Know them, anyone? Tiny, I understand.): "Any chance of getting us on the opposite bank, Paul? Or in a partyboat with plenty of Tetley's and Vaux midstream? Our six- and eight-ounce gripper leads inches out from their unfilled keepnets will shut them Southern Ponces up!".

I asked my Cultural Affairs Consultant and Translator ladies (lovely gals) to a) first tell me just what these fellows meant by this (their crude vernacular was worse than Ancient Greek to me), and b) to send them a very nice, conciliatory "I regret that this won't be possible." reply with a crate of complimentary clogs and ferrets and a food parcel of lard. As much a gentleman can do for such sorts, after all.

So I've headed off a diplomatic incident before it started, fellas. Just be thankful.

Just let me know if they come along, i love some target practice with a 3oz lead at distance.:D

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Well i am off to the thames one day this week, so will let you all know how i get on. Going to Richmond for the morning and Walton in the afternoon.

greenie62

Reaction score
Well i am off to the thames one day this week, so will let you all know how i get on. Going to Richmond for the morning and Walton in the afternoon.

With the traffic down there I don't see how you'll get any fishing done! - In fact I think getting to Richmond for the morning and Walton in the afternoon is a bit ambitious! ;):rolleyes::D
Good luck and safe journey!