The day everything went wrong

P

Paul Scattergood

Thought i'd treat myself to a days serious hauling at Greenhaigh Lodge ,Kirkam. i woke at 5am this morning to be greeted with freezing winds and driving rain. does'nt matter i thought those carp will soon take my mind off it. Arrived at venue to find a'Le Mans'style dash to your chosen peg at the 7am opening. Grab a bait tin and run like hell for the best peg, last ones gets the 20ft deep peg with no fish in it. After getting my breath back i attached my brolly to my seatbox, bad mistake! As i stood to cast a gust of wind blew the box and the attached brolly, bait & my mobile phone into the lake. In my haste to rescue my precious tackle i broke my landing net. All that i could rescue is now drying out in my dining room. Has anyone else had 'better' day today.

Damp & miserable but will be out next week. Paul.

D

Dave Johnson

yeah Paul, I took a full 5 litre tin of yellow emulsion back to the shop today....only trouble is when i opend the boot, thi tin was empty and the boot looked 'stunning'......
The car has nearly 3000 miles on the clock already.......
really chuffed..
Dave

P

Paul Scattergood

Maybe i'll go paint the town red or should that be yellow......

S

Steve Baker

Waking up to a carpet full of pinkies (red on a nice green carpet) sounds like one of my not so good days.

Did anyone laugh when your tackle blew in? I would have been rather embaresed about that! LOL

T

Tony BIDDLE

Dave

Ive heard about painting your float top day glow yellow, but painting your car is taking it to extremes!!

P

Paul Scattergood

Steve, my fellow brothers of the angle were surprisingly sympathetic helping me to fish out my gear and supply me with maggots so i could carry on.

S

Steve Baker

I would have helped too, in between the giggling. Once hgelped a bloke who lost his pole a a carp fishery as he only had the top two sections on as he was fishing in the margins, a liitle carp pulled it in so i legged it over with my float rod and caught it and landed them both. He was quite thankfull.

I hate it when things go drastically wrong BUT it is funny to look back on.