The Guy from South Africa

longbownut

Reaction score
Hi there fellow Carpers
Would like to introduce myself as Hannes101 from South Africa(the friendly country). Been specimen fishing for 8years now and still learn something new every session fishing. My PB is 38lbs, caught in the Western Province and still i'm hunting that elusive upper 40 so i can get our pronvince on the world class Carping map.

Regards
Hannes

ps how do i post pics in this forum?

Reaction score
Welcome Hannes,

We've got a number of members who've had fishing experience in SA...including one long standing and respected fellow who lived over there for many years and I'm sure when he reads this thread he'll be most helpful.

I think if you click on photo albums there are some instructions re uploading piccies...if I remember you have to create your own album and then upload into that. I know I have to resize mine to a smaller format before uploading into my album.

Poshers

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Welcome Hannes,

We've got a number of members who've had fishing experience in SA...including one long standing and respected fellow who lived over there for many years and I'm sure when he reads this thread he'll be most helpful.

I think if you click on photo albums there are some instructions re uploading piccies...if I remember you have to create your own album and then upload into that. I know I have to resize mine to a smaller format before uploading into my album.

Poshers

There's also Ron

Reaction score
Pity Hannes can't speak Afrikaans;)

Haanes

Ron is the gent of whom I was speaking......we do, on very rare occasions, take the mickey out of him.....and he gives it back......but he's spot on.

Poshers

(and why should anyone want to stew Lynne?)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Or words to that effect :w

Do they really speak a language other than English in other countries? How would they know what each one is talking about? Yer need yer proper English doncha, stands to reason. Daft I call it.

dezza

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is that amongst most ordinary people of all races, better English is spoken in South Africa than is spoken in the United Kingdom.

For example I have a great deal of difficulty understanding the "English" spoken around Birmingham. Even worse is the "English" spoken by Glaswegians in Scotland, yet one has only to travel a few miles east of Glasgow and the Scots people often speak the most impeccable English

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
surely you canny be tawking aboot aw them tuechter speaking numpties fae the east coast, even scots people canny understand a wird o wit they're spoutin on aboot.