Tips for London (N1)?

rich4930

Reaction score
Haven’t lived in the UK for many years, let alone London, so absolute no plan here... ;)

A mate of mine is coming over to London next April, for a gig and thinking about taking in a bit of good British fishing while there. Has anyone got any tips where he could go to in London. Obviously, will need to be somewhere with day tickets. Not a carp guy, just regular pleasure angler.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rich4930

Reaction score
True I’ll have a word..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Without wishing to rain on your friends parade I’d be surprised if he is able to attend a gig next April. If it’s later in the year you’ll also have the Thames to fish (other rivers and canals are available).

rich4930

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the suggestions! Turns out he‘s already checked it out a bit, but those places would certainly be roughly the right area. He‘s staying somewhere near Haggerston, N1 if I understand right.

What’s the score with Regent’s Canal, is that fishable?

As for the gig issue, in April.. well I did raise an eyebrow too when he mentioned it. Personally I’d be a bit surprised too, but who knows..

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Walthamstow reservoirs are just up the A10 from Haggerstone,.

The canal ....

rich4930

Reaction score
And that’s with the £22 Waterway Wanderers permit if I’m not mistaken?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Regents canal is your nearest fishable location with scope for perch and pike fishing using various methods. In ”theory” you should have a waterways permit, the chances of being asked to produce it are extremely remote but I didn’t tell you that.?