Trakker core 2 piece suit

tommos16

Reaction score
After many a cold time on the bank, cold and wet and miserable, I decided to bite the bullet and do something about it.

Along with some good gloves, good fleece lined boots, I got myself a Trakker 2 piece Winter suit.

I've just spent two hours in minus 2 temps, night fishing for Pike (no luck on that front, but that was by the by) and I'm actually colder now I'm back in the house than I was outside in the suit. Honestly, I would reccomend it to absolutely anyone who wants not just to survive but be genuinely warm out there. Its like wearing a sleeping bag! Genuinely waterproof as well.

Seems to me a wise investment at £85.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

rich66

Reaction score
Good review thank you. I have the Trakker multi core and without doubt worth every penny. I’ve found their clothing very good.

Wakou

Reaction score
For those on a more limited budget, I bought a pair of children's ski salopettes from Lidl £7.99 + P&P.
Toasty AF!
Slightly irritating noise when the thighs rub together, which sends the cat mental, but aside from that, I am pleased with the purchase!

Robbie C

Reaction score
For those on a more limited budget, I bought a pair of children's ski salopettes from Lidl £7.99 + P&P.
Toasty AF!
Slightly irritating noise when the thighs rub together, which sends the cat mental, but aside from that, I am pleased with the purchase!

Robbie C

Reaction score
After many a cold time on the bank, cold and wet and miserable, I decided to bite the bullet and do something about it.

Along with some good gloves, good fleece lined boots, I got myself a Trakker 2 piece Winter suit.

I've just spent two hours in minus 2 temps, night fishing for Pike (no luck on that front, but that was by the by) and I'm actually colder now I'm back in the house than I was outside in the suit. Honestly, I would reccomend it to absolutely anyone who wants not just to survive but be genuinely warm out there. Its like wearing a sleeping bag! Genuinely waterproof as well.

Seems to me a wise investment at £85.

Thanks for the tip Tommos.
I’m looking for warm winter clothing.
If I want to splash out, is it worth getting the three piece suit ? What is the difference between the 2/3 piece suit and the multi suit. If anyone has experience of these I would appreciate their thoughts. Thanks

tommos16

Reaction score
As I understand it, the three piece has an additional zip in fleece and salopettes. So I'd guess it'd be even warmer, or gives you the option of taking off the coat if you're too hot and just wearing the fleece.

I must admit, it's a bit too hot when you're carrying your gear about. But I'm really susceptible to the cold, bad circulation, and I could have slept outside even in just the two piece. And I only had a T shirt on underneath.

chrissh

Reaction score
I bought the Trakker elements jacket, bib and brace 2 years ago it’s the best warmest suits I ever had on the coldest of days the fleece hand warmer pockets never let me down

rich66

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Tommos.
I’m looking for warm winter clothing.
If I want to splash out, is it worth getting the three piece suit ? What is the difference between the 2/3 piece suit and the multi suit. If anyone has experience of these I would appreciate their thoughts. Thanks

I’ve the Trakker multi core suit. It’s a padded lined Waterproof jacket, with a removable lined fleece inner.
Which is in itself suitable for using as a jacket I have done nearly all spring and autumn. It’s quite warm on its own.
And then a waterproof pair of over trousers, adjustable elasticated waist with Velcro ankle straps.
All outer pockets on the jacket and trousers are zippered,
My only niggle is the trousers will occasionally slip if not adjusted right and possibly zip pockets on the inner fleece would have been a bonus.
The trousers are very warm and I don’t think I’d be able to wear them on a warm spring day
Over all a great buy that you can use all year round in one form or another

Notts Michael.

Reaction score
I've been wearing a pair of these under my cheap TK Maxx ski/snowboard trousers for fishing on some grim frosty days, very warm on the bank with these on, a good price too. they are a bit like a cheap sleeping bag type construction and do the job for me.

Ronnie

Reaction score
This is interesting stuff, however I have always preferred a one piece suit, that is until a couple of years ago when I tried to replace my old suit, it seems that no-one sells these any more, I have looked at all of the major Tackle dealer web sites and none of them do a one piece any more.
Perhaps some one out there knows different, I would be pleased to hear.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Back when I was doing a lot of nights in the bivvy I invested in a lot of Trakker kit, clothing as well as sleeping bag and cover. I have nothing but the highest praise for virtually all of it and especially a little luxury I bought being a Trakker hot water bottle and cover for the sleeping bag . . .

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Back when I was doing a lot of nights in the bivvy I invested in a lot of Trakker kit, clothing as well as sleeping bag and cover. I have nothing but the highest praise for virtually all of it and especially a little luxury I bought being a Trakker hot water bottle and cover for the sleeping bag . . .

When you thought the little parasol over the bait tray was the height of tackle tartery, now this, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk