Trolleys

Reaction score
It is a pain,loading and unloading your trolley,these days(when float or feeder fishing)I have dumped my old Fox match box,going back to the old plastic Shakespeare/Riva box,purely as it is lighter,I don't sit on either,sitting on the platform(with a firm memory foam pillow as mentioned earlier),my box is just a container to hold accessories needed to fish,on my rivers standing up to fish can be very detrimental,which is good for an old fella who gets bachache when doing this,my Penrose owes me nothing,costing over a hundred quid when I bought it,it has been used and abused for many years now,people laugh when I roll along with a mass of gear,but any one of these people would collapse just carrying my carryall,let alone the rest of it,that hundred quid is bemoaned by many,yet these anglers might spend £250 on a reel or rod...

nottskev

Reaction score
A good transporter of whatever type is money well spent. If I could find the right thing, I'd buy it today. For a while I used a Boss Platform Trolley like you say, Alan, with a cushion on the platform. It worked well, but I found I missed having two well organised drawers and having to decant all those bits and pieces into some separate container(s) and fish them out on the bank sent me back to a seatbox. having said that, I recently stocked up a good NGT partitioned tackle box with all the bits for some fringe (for me) methods - method feeder, floaters, pellet waggler - and I've found that I can fish with that in a holdall and never open the drawers I'm sitting on. Maybe some version of that is the way to go,

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A good transporter of whatever type is money well spent. If I could find the right thing, I'd buy it today. For a while I used a Boss Platform Trolley like you say, Alan, with a cushion on the platform. It worked well, but I found I missed having two well organised drawers and having to decant all those bits and pieces into some separate container(s) and fish them out on the bank sent me back to a seatbox. having said that, I recently stocked up a good NGT partitioned tackle box with all the bits for some fringe (for me) methods - method feeder, floaters, pellet waggler - and I've found that I can fish with that in a holdall and never open the drawers I'm sitting on. Maybe some version of that is the way to go,

So Kev, maybe a small rucksack with your tackle box, a seat and a quiver/lightweight rod holdall would suite you more?

Reaction score
I use a preston side tray that comes with two g.bait trays that slide(one at a time)underneath the side tray,I put my hooks,accesories in said tray so when I need bits,they are there,dry and safe...

rayner

Reaction score
My old Boss box incorporates a trolly that doubles as a platform. It is totally bulletproof. I bought it back in 1987, it definitely shows mega signs of wear but every part of it is still in good order. I strap my large bag on the top of the seat then I used to be away. I managed for years with just that, it was OK then it would never do now if I needed what match anglers carry down the bank now.

nottskev

Reaction score
That could be the one I have Gary. It's a steel 4 leg platform, just big enough to take the Boss box, with a fold up footplate. It's indestructible, as you say.