Venue Photos

Hogweed

Reaction score
One of my other hobbies is photography. Being on the bank during all weathers and times of year also means that witnessing dramatic lighting provides some excellent photographic opportunities.

So the idea of this thread is for sharing some of your venue photos. I'm located on the outskirts of London, not particularly scenic, but I bet some of you fish in some fantastic landscapes.

I'll kick of with a couple of shots taken of one of my clubs lakes.

http://www.fishingmagic.com/photos/data/500/Swan_Lake_Peg5_-_small.jpg

http://www.fishingmagic.com/photos/data/500/Swan_Lake2_small_.jpg

Keith M

Reaction score
Great shots Hogweed.

Here's a shot of a lake that I occasionally fish; taken one evening during September (a few years ago) which I called 'The calm before the storm' because that was what it was lol.

Keith

Last edited:

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
Too many to chose from, but i have used this as a screensaver on occasion. Its Lily Broad in Norfolk back in about 1988.

chub_on_the_block-albums-fish-tank-picture4330-lily-broad.jpg

Keith M

Reaction score
Here's a shot of a local Hertfordshire estate lake (with two islands on the left) that I was awarded a free lifetime membership to, taken at the beginning of May before all of the lilies had started to erupt:

Can anyone spot the heron on this Thames weir?

Keith

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
Here's a private Herefordshire estate lake (not far from Hereford) that I have permission to fish whenever I'm staying at the house:

This is a narrow part of an overgrown stream which is full of barbel and chub and which belongs to one of my clubs:

And this club stretch is a couple of miles further downstream:

Keith

Last edited:

Hogweed

Reaction score
They look fanatastic venues KeithM. I'd love to wet a line at any one of those waters.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
This was the scene on the tidal Thames at Strand on the green just below Kew bridge W.London about 6 years ago on a club match. Oliver's island separating the shallows from the deeper boat channel....

Keith M

Reaction score
Here's another one of my clubs waters which the club dug out from watercress beds back in the 1930s and which is fed by several underwater springs; the locations of which can be seen once ice forms over the lake in the winter.

Keith