Very long gap from fishing

Universe

Reaction score
Hi my Name is John and I returning to fishing after a long 35 year gap. I am originally from Liverpool and when I was in my teens I did some lake and canal fishing. I really enjoy it but for some reason I never got around to doing it again. 5 years ago I relocated to South Wales and there are some great fishing venues not far from where I live.
During lockdown I have started to buy some gear and I can’t believe how much things have changed. I am going to start with waggler float fishing and see where I go from there. I am also planning on taking my brother who has special needs because he has never been fishing. I should be interesting as my fishing knowledge is basic at best.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to FM John from another John.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello John and Welcome to FishingMagic

Although rods, reels and methods have changed, (in some cases drastically), never forget that; a decent bait, presented well in an area known to hold fish . . . . will still catch.

Last edited:

d.owens

Reaction score
Hi John.
My fishing knowledge is also basic and I still fish the same way I did in Walton Hall Park as a kid. You still catch fish and it's still very enjoyable.
Hope you and your brother have a great time.