Weather forecasts

seth49

Reaction score
Check the Current Weather Condition for Clitheroe. Download Weather Radar here: (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id649264704?mt=8)
1621416195796.png

mikench

Reaction score
The MO got it spot on today. It’s the most horrible mid May Day I can recall. It’s blowing a gale with driving rain and feels like February. I hate our weather.

Reaction score
I fished today and up till noonish it was reasonable,then the wind picked up and it became chilly,so I swiftly exited stage right....

steve2

Reaction score
Certainly not a day to be out fishing cold, strong winds and rain just as was forecast. I wish the forecasters would get it wrong for a change.
Looking at the two week forecast we are going into June with not much change.

john step

Reaction score
Opening up this old thread because I couldnt resist it today as they got it so wrong.

We were supposed to get yellow warning amounts of rain today. Not a blooming drop.
The sun is out and its a lovely day in tropical Lincolnshire.

steve2

Reaction score
Just to show how difficult it is to forecast, last weekend we had no rain yet less than a mile away there was flooding. The forecast was for heavy isolated showers we were lucky to miss it. So they didn't get it so wrong.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Opening up this old thread because I couldnt resist it today as they got it so wrong.

We were supposed to get yellow warning amounts of rain today. Not a blooming drop.
The sun is out and its a lovely day in tropical Lincolnshire.

my HDYGO report supports this.

However, of far greater concern is the current condition of the original poster...MarkG. Both myself and Mark have spoken numerous times on and off the public forum and also on another fishing forum, he logged into both forums at the same time about ten days ago and on this forum told us of the operation to remove a kidney was imminent. Ive sent him private messages without response, I do hope me old mucker is ok.

Andydj

Reaction score
I know this has been covered before but not for sometime and I cannot remember what previous threads have come up with. The online BBC forecast for my town gives rain all day today and overcast but mainly dry for tomorrow. The Met office one which I also have on my bookmark page, gives the opposite, dry today and rain tomorrow. It is dry at present but I just never know which one to believe. Has anyone a preference that they can rely on to be fairly accurate?
I know what you mean. The BBC often appears a little optimistic compared with the Met that is often more cautious. Both can be way off the mark.
My conclusion, just go if you feel like it. Oh, and take a brolly and suncream!

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I know what you mean. The BBC often appears a little optimistic compared with the Met that is often more cautious. Both can be way off the mark.
My conclusion, just go if you feel like it. Oh, and take a brolly and suncream!
The trouble is I don't want to take a brolly anymore, I travel on foot or public transport so, as light as I can. Therefore I avoid the rain if I can and a accurate forecast is essential to do that or at least the best one I can find.

peterjg

Reaction score
None of them are particularly accurate. It should be called a 'weather guess' not 'weather forecast'. The most accurate is Google Weather.

rayner

Reaction score
The correct clothing sorts out any bad weather. If we were to rely on good weather to fish we would never get any time on the bank.

Reaction score
I'm afraid Gary that if I had to sit out in waterproof clothing in pouring rain,my tackle would be sold long ago,to me an umbrella is critical to fishing and something I rarely leave behind...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I just think my fishing should be light and enjoyable these days, if I have to think about brollies, extra clothing, flasks etc. I just find it detracts from my enjoyment especially lugging it around. If I can see the day is going to be fine and reasonably warm I am more keen to go. It does mean I go a lot less but it makes up for it that I can concentrate on the fishing without worrying about the weather or getting uncomfortable. Therefore a good forecast is essential, just me I suppose. I never used to be, younger and with a car I would go anywhere anytime in all weathers but things change so must my requirements.

Last edited: