What is haddock and pollock fishing like on your side of the pond?

Charlton

Reaction score
Hello,

im Scott, I live in the state of Maine. In the fall, I fish for haddock and pollock and in the past twenty years those fish have made a dramatic come back. Although you can catch harbour pollock from shore (about 4 to 8 inches in length), when you go offshore they can get to be enormous.

what has the bite been like in the Northern Atlantic?

john step

Reaction score
Afraid not many on here sea fish. However lets hope THE RUNNER sees this post. He lives in Scotland and sea fishes the waters up there.

Charlton

Reaction score
What do you typically target when fishing of the beach? We usually target striped bass and mackerel.

dorsetsteve

Reaction score
What do you typically target when fishing of the beach? We usually target striped bass and mackerel.
Hopes and dreams? Beach fishing is in my experience dire.
In seriousness normally catch sea bass, pollock and the occasional ray or smooth hound but usually pout and weavers. I fell out of love with it many years ago. Lots of waiting about with heavy tackle and tiny fish. It’s just not for me.

Sconie38

Reaction score
I live near the northeast coast and regular fish it cod fishing in the northeast Northumberland and north Yorkshire coast is brilliant as long as uv got the right wind and weather conditions