What is this?

L

Luke Allsop

Matt is very good at identifying fish so I'll take his word for it, to be honest I also agree after taking a very good look at it, I've also spent the past few days trawling fishbase and it looks very similar. Still I was almost certain it wasn't a cichlid, the body looked too deep. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

P.S Are you on fish forums?

coelacanth

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Luke Allsop wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Still I was almost certain it wasn't a cichlid, the body looked too deep. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

P.S Are you on fish forums?</blockquote>It is a deep-bodied specimen,which suggests it might be from a distinct population, and they are fairly basal within Cichlid phylogeny and so not as obvious as some. In the pastI have grown this species from 2" up to adulthood before offering them to someone else, never known a fish be able to shift quite so much plant material, they need serious room and filtration to match.
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Luke Allsop wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

P.S Are you on fish forums?</blockquote>

A couple, Pleccy.