Which Digi Camera?

C

Cakey

its a very high spec camera and in my opinion would suit the roving angler with 9 meg and the swiveling lcd

wouldnt mind one to save taking the Nikon out fishing

Dusty

Reaction score
Fuji are not top of my list right now. I bought a S9000 nearly 2 years ago when they first came out after my S7000 fell apart, only to find it would only stop down to F8 therefore not enough depth of field for landscapes and the overall quality of any ofthe photos is not that good on auto or manual settings. I do hope allcontinues to go okwithPaul Osborne 2 and hisFuji S9600.

Paul Osborne 2

Reaction score
Fuji S9600 has been good enough to use professionally at weddings. Will shoot RAW.

I find it has most if not all the quality of a DSLR with none of the drawbacks ( dust attraction when changing lens for one ). Has swivelling LCD as pointed out by Cakey, but please note that it does not swivel round for use in self-portraits.

Other plus points :<ul>[*]External Flash Socket and Hotshoe.[*]RAW Facility as stated.[*]Full Manual Settings.[*]SLR size for easy handling ( bigger than S5700 series ).[*]28 - 300mm Zoom.[*]Manual Focus Setting.[*]Video Facility ( not available on DSLR ).[*]Takes readily available AABatteries.[*]Compact Flash Storage.[/list]

So far seems to be far superior to the S9000. I have found it an extremely easy camera to get used to, all the controls seem to be in sensible positions! One point to bear in mind, I think one post mentioned buing from Pixmania. Although I would recommend them highly, because they are based in France some makes of cameras are only supplied with French instructions.

Paul Osborne

hooklinkswww.hooklinks.net]Hooklinks[/url]

C

Cakey

Ive been buying from Hong Kong with no problems ,just saved 200 squids on a Nikon macro lens

so its worth looking in the ebay shops

W

Wolfman Woody

Careful Cakey, it says "VAT WILL BE CHARGED ON SELL PRICE AND POSTAGE"

Adds another £35 onto price - £246.73 all in

C

Cakey

didnt see that Woody sorry ...............I thought it was alot cheaper than Hong Kong Fooey

big gus

Reaction score
Codfather: Just wanted to see how you are getting on with your Olympus C 5060??

I managed to win one off ebay yesterday - as new - with all the kit included, for a bargain price.

Just wondering about your early thoughts? Most important thing to me was the remote control and flip-around LCD screen for self-takes (when my fishing partner can't be arsed to come with me)...

Not into all the techno stuff really but I may be converted!

PM me if you get a chance,

Cheers, Gus

The Codfather

Reaction score
Hi Gus, I cant pm you because it says you haven't enabled this feature(or something like that!)

The c 5060 for me is a brilliant camera, It has so much capability to cope with any photographers needs.. I have been playing around with the settings for some time now and when you get your head round them it becomes such an impressive piece of kit.

I have also used it on the standard point and shoot setting, taking pictures of myself with the remote function and it takes flawless pictures for what i want.

The only downside for me is, because its effectivley a slr type camera its quiet bulky and heavier than your average compact, but that doesn't bother me a bit...Personally i cant wait to get hold of a telephoto lens! I already have a polarizing lens and it works brilliant!

I will have to put some pictures up onto my gallery so you can see what you think of some end products;)

Coddy!