Winter Prospects

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
What do you reckon the prospects are for catching rainbows through this winter?

D

denis goulding

graham,
i really enjoy fishing for wild browns throughout our season here in ireland.we finish in about 10 days time.but fishing for bows in the winter gives us a chance to tye wierd and wonderful creations and at the end of it a much better fight than our brownies..this is true no matter what anyone says..i have caught fish to 16.5lbs bows of course but i reckon for agility and pure power fish (triploids) in the 3-6lb class are unstopable.......
looking forward to the cold winter and playing with boobies of all colours and sizes...........

regards,
denis

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I love playing with them too Denis.

G

gilbert williamson

Dennis&Graeme,
As like you i love fly fishing for wild browns but our season here in shetland has closed for the year.ive never fished anywhere other than shetland and ive never fished for rainbows. Do any of you know of any fisheries that you could reccomend in scotland that allows you to fish through the winter, as i may take a holiday because i dont know if i can go without any fishing for 6 months.

P

Paul Fletcher

Gilbert - Sorry mate but I don't know of any Scottish fisheries. However, I would recommend buying the latest copy of Trout Fisherman or Trout and Salmon. Inside you will find details on the fisheries still open and contact numbers. Despite the cold and wet weather, I've had lots of good fish up to 13lbs+ so I would say - wrap up warm and get out there!
Good Luck