worm injecting

R

Rob Dearnley

could any one give me a bit of advice on how to inject worms so they just pop up of the bottom of the canal?
basically im gonna spend a day going for perch and perch only.any other tips are always gratefully appreciated

K

Keith Banks

First thing to remember is not and I stress NOT inject any air into yourself, air in the blood supply can be fatal.

Keith.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Big perch have been a target of mine recently. I have caught a fair few over 2lb, up to 2lb 12oz.

I can't help on how as I don't do it. To me attraction is far more important than popping up the bait. Feed in at least 20 lobs broken into 3 pieces to create an attracting smell. A whole lob on the hook with the end of his tail snipped off, a paternoster leger with a long hook length on a soft quiver tip completes my approach.

This is the method I use on the river. Introduce the broken pieces of worm by hand or bait dropper and the perch will find home in on them. Keep the rig as light and resistance free as possible and you will get the perch if they are there. I am sure it will work just as well on a canal.

R

Rob Brownfield

A small live gudgeon is a brillient bait too, fished on a light paternoster.

Also, try using a little red foam to pop up the worm.....works a treat