Latest activity

• Steve Arnold
    Steve Arnold replied to the thread On the chin?.
    I had a run of blanks during the winter, frustrating but it got me thinking and not taking this river (the Lot) for granted. So I had...
    • IMG_0574-1.jpg
  • mikench
    mikench replied to the thread On the chin?.
    Routinely as they occur a little too regularly. I do what I can to avoid a blank even if it’s float fishing with a 20 hook and a maggot...
  • Keith M
    Keith M replied to the thread 16ft float rod.
    My 18/20 ft rod is the Shakespeare Annexe Float rod which although a little unwieldy to hold for long periods; is not as bad as some...
  • Keith M
    Keith M reacted to RMNDIL's post in the thread 16ft float rod with Like Like.
    As far as float rods are concerned Cheap and Long don't go together.
  • P
    Philip replied to the thread On the chin?.
    Nowadays alot of my fishing is orientated towards trying to catch specimens where as when I was younger it was more about trying to...
  • Ray Roberts
    Ray Roberts posted the thread On the chin? in General Fishing.
    How do you take a blank or a poor day’s fishing? When I was younger I hated blanking with a passion but now I am not only retired but...
  • Ray Roberts
    Try the Lo-salt then. Whizz the bread chuck in copious amounts of low salt. Get some sliced bread, cut the crusts off, sprinkle...
  • flightliner
    flightliner reacted to ian g's post in the thread Barbel. with Like Like.
    Sounds like you were on your rods Seth . We get the odd guy sitting in their bivvy on top of the bank , rods at the bottom thinking they...