Marksman rods!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you to be honest, I noticed that the Superos are slightly cheaper and assumed to myself that this was just market positioning and that these were the new Marksmans to keep them selling but again I couldn't confirm as I don't know if the Marksman are still the current flagships although the Hardy website still lists them, Hardy Coarse Fishing - Home, I know the XT range was brought in as a "fighting range" within that respective price bracket.

I thought they'd discontinued the marksman even though they still show it's stat's etc on their site due to them still being available in some shops.

Brian, I don't think i'll be christening the marksman just yet, i'll stick to the leger rod, had a good session a week last Sunday :cool:.

B

binka

I think them Marksman feral bungs are a lovely touch, so fill your boots lads.....

I did wonder about these at first.

However I later found that they did come in very handy, one for when I take my rod out of the car and drop the sections upright onto the ground, especially my drive (as I tend to do a quick chuck into the car on the spur of the moment in summer with the bare minimum of tackle without rod bags etc) which protects the joints against chipping, and two they do clean out the joint before any dirt has chance to settle in there after tackling down when sections are again dropped upright to the floor and picking up dirt before putting into rod bags which prevents unneccesary joint wear.

They are way too heavy for anyone thinking of drilling them out, attaching a split ring and giving them to the missus as earrings for her birthday :)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I did wonder about these at first.

However I later found that they did come in very handy, one for when I take my rod out of the car and drop the sections upright onto the ground, especially my drive (as I tend to do a quick chuck into the car on the spur of the moment in summer with the bare minimum of tackle without rod bags etc) which protects the joints against chipping, and two they do clean out the joint before any dirt has chance to settle in there after tackling down when sections are again dropped upright to the floor and picking up dirt before putting into rod bags which prevents unneccesary joint wear.

They are way too heavy for anyone thinking of drilling them out, attaching a split ring and giving them to the missus as earrings for her birthday :)

You drop a serious price road on your drive -good god man send them to me - my cheap Shakespeares are wraped in cotton wool on a trip