waggler fishing

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Need a decent catapult too . Fine my small drennan one not strong enough in wind .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith M

Reaction score
Surely a reflection or shadow will move throughout the day though?

You don't use shadows simply because they move during the day, likewise you don't use reflections of clouds for the same reason Lol.

You use a reflection of trees or bushes or reeds or a swim on the far bank or a building etc. (things that don't move).
Even when the surface is rippled you still usually get broken reflections, unless you are fishing a huge reservior with a huge expanse of empty water in front of you with no reflections at all Lol.

I can't remember fishing many places that didn't have something reflected off the surface or something like a weed or Lilly bed to line up against but as a last resort you could always use your reels line clip, although if you are likely to hook a large carp running away from you a reel clip may see your line parting if your line is going around the clip so I would rather use a broad rubber band on my spool instead of using a reel clip because it will still allow line to be released when a big fish is running away from you.

Keith

Last edited:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
You don't use shadows simply because they move during the day, likewise you don't use reflections of clouds for the same reason Lol.

You use a reflection of trees or bushes or reeds or a swim on the far bank or a building etc. (things that don't move).
Even when the surface is rippled you still usually get broken reflections, unless you are fishing a huge reservior with a huge expanse of empty water in front of you with no reflections at all Lol.

I can't remember fishing many places that didn't have something reflected off the surface or something like a weed or Lilly bed to line up against but as a last resort you could always use your reels line clip, although if you are likely to hook a large carp running away from you a reel clip may see your line parting if your line is going around the clip so I would rather use a broad rubber band on my spool instead of using a reel clip because it will still allow line to be released when a big fish is running away from you.

Keith

Spot on, well said Keith :)

associatedmatt

Reaction score
So it is wise to use a rubber band when float fishing for bigger lumps ? But would a band be ok when fishing carp style tactics with bigger 2oz leads and even pva bags ? But then I just use marker sticks and unclip after the cast before sink the line .

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
So it is wise to use a rubber band when float fishing for bigger lumps ? But would a band be ok when fishing carp style tactics with bigger 2oz leads and even pva bags ? But then I just use marker sticks and unclip after the cast before sink the line .

You've just answered yer own question Matt :rolleyes:......lols

Be lucky

associatedmatt

Reaction score
As I thought a heavy lead and laccy bands don't seem to mix !

associatedmatt

Reaction score
I keep finding local town lakes I could fish found another one that's £20 a year ! A lot of carp anglers there a few match men too , there also silvers bream and tench . It's one of the 2 lakes in swindon the council lets you bivvy up overnight and for nights it's £50 all in . On there website plenty of carp and it's 1 minuite from my work

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
I keep finding local town lakes I could fish found another one that's £20 a year ! A lot of carp anglers there a few match men too , there also silvers bream and tench . It's one of the 2 lakes in swindon the council lets you bivvy up overnight and for nights it's £50 all in . On there website plenty of carp and it's 1 minuite from my work

It's a no brainer Matt :D, go for it mate :thumbs:

robcourt82

Reaction score
I would pick a tree or a peg on the far bank, I wouldn't use a reflection as its dictated by the weather. I'd also use a line clip and reel back 3 or 4 turns to sink the line rather than an elastic band. To my mind there is too much chance of the line slipping against a band and the 3 or 4 turns on the reel should be enough insurance if using a properly set clutch.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
It's a no brainer Matt :D, go for it mate :thumbs:

No means an easy prolific lake been told the carp show on other bank by the trees . You can only fish one bank it's like a long cannal but wider than a cannal . Wish I knew how to upload pictures on here !

rich66

Reaction score

Sound like the club I'm in £25 for the year 2 marinas and a few pegs on the Soar, really is a no brainer.

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
No means an easy prolific lake been told the carp show on other bank by the trees . You can only fish one bank it's like a long cannal but wider than a cannal . Wish I knew how to upload pictures on here !

Incidentally Matt I've also got great difficulty in loading up pics up onto the open forum aswell but what I have noticed is that I can up load the pics onto me profile album :D pics loaded this way seem to be ok,

Take a look at me profile album and you'll see pics of where I'm currently fishing :thumbs:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
It was actually a resivior for the GWR steam trains filling before they reached swindon station coming from bath .

Keith M

Reaction score
Incidentally Matt I've also got great difficulty in loading up pics up onto the open forum aswell but what I have noticed is that I can up load the pics onto me profile album :D pics loaded this way seem to be ok,

Take a look at me profile album and you'll see pics of where I'm currently fishing :thumbs:

Can you not insert a picture into your posts directly from your fishing magic profile album Stuart?
You should be able to, I have done this several times in the past.

Just click in the 'my photos' box at the bottom right (next to your new post window while you are entering your post) then click on one or more of your profile pics and then click 'close this window' (at the top right of the pic selection window).

The following pic is a pic from my profile album which shows a 21lb plus Carp I caught accidentally on light Tench tackle from my local private estate lake.

TykesLake_21_4ozCarp_130609_600_x_450_.jpg

View image in gallery

Keith

Last edited:

thames mudlarker

Reaction score
Can you not insert a picture into your posts directly from your profile album Stuart?

Just click in the 'my photos' box at the bottom right (next to your new post window while you are entering your post) then click on one or more of your profile pics and then click 'close this window' (at the top right of the pic selection window).

The following pic is a pic from my profile album which shows a 21lb plus Carp I caught accidentally on light Tench tackle from my local estate lake.

Keith

Arh right ok Keith, I'll have a little play about later on tonight once me iPad has charged back back up again and just see if I can come up with, be definitely handy if I can manage to put any pics up :D

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Can you not insert a picture into your posts directly from your fishing magic profile album Stuart?

The following pic is a pic from my profile album which shows a 21lb plus Carp I caught accidentally on light Tench tackle from my local private estate lake.

Keith

Na don't work Keith, I've tried this over and over, I tried to set up an album on members galleries and the forum board keeps on screwing up and not corresponding properly, has done this for months,

When I mentioned I can load pics onto me album I was on about the album that is actually on me profile page, this doesn't seem to be a problem with loading up any pics :thumbs: but can't get nothing up onto the members galleries :(

I suppose that all is not to bad though because if I manage to actually get meself out fishing ASAP....lols and any other time I can put up a report as normal but just have to clearly state that any pics can be viewed on me profile album :D,

I can't honestly see any other way around it but at least it's better than nothing as at least members can still hopefully view captures and other pics etc on me profile at a later date etc :thumbs:

At present I've got a few pics of some sections of the Kentish chalk streams that I've currently been fishing

Speak soon

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
associatedmatt-albums-matts-fishing-picture4530-raychem.jpg

one of raychem pictures

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

and here one of the fish , what a beauty !

associatedmatt-albums-matts-fishing-picture4531-raychem2.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 ----------

keith a bit long winded way to upload pictures , but im thinking £50 for days and nights worth a punt

Keith M

Reaction score
There seems to be a number of small bugs in the photo album part of FM.

Nowerdays I just use the free photo hoster 'Photobucket' to insert pictures into my posts. It is quite simple to use.
You just copy all of your photos into photobucket first then whenever you want one of your photos inserted into a post you just copy the image code supplied from photobucket into your post.

NB: There are other free photo hosters on the web if you don't get on with photobucket.

Here's a photo of one of my barbel that I inserted into this post from photobucket:

Keith

Last edited:

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Have used photo bucket in the past but I find these days it's full of pop ups and adverts

Keith M

Reaction score
Have used photo bucket in the past but I find these days it's full of pop ups and adverts

There's only one pop up that I get and that just needs closing with one click on the 'X' so is not too much of a problem for me Lol.

There are plenty of other free photo hosters on the web if you don't get on with photobucket.

I used to have my own web page which I used to keep all my photos on but the web server I use (virgin) stopped its users from creating their own web sites. I used to insert my photos into my posts from my own web site then.

Keith

Last edited: