Aldi alert...

dangermouse

Reaction score
Our local Lidl has folding camp beds for €19.99. Just the thing for a nouveau bivvy dweller. Keep your eyes peeled for the UK version :D

Cheers for the tip-off Clive but I already have a bedchair. Bought it from a friend who decided to sell off his gear.

I've just been down my local aldi. Had a fair bit of gear there, the buzz bars I wanted had sold out straight away. Got a holdall, pair of glasses & stool.

Will they wait til all the stuff is sold or remove it for thursdays offers tomorrow night? ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X using Tapatalk 2

I`m pretty sure they will just leave it out until it`s sold.

greenie62

Reaction score
Whilst going to the fishery the other day it dawned on me that I'd forgotten my landing net - after washing the bream slime off it! - this is the 2nd time in a week I've has this same attack of 'forgetfullness'!
Turning back - I popped into Aldi to see what they'd got - Lo & behold - a Fladen folding landing net and telescopic handle for £6.99! That saved a quid in fuel going back home and back again! I've now got a serviceable net to be able to leave in the boot - just in case the 'forgetfullness' persists!
Nice one Aldi ! :thumbs:

PS: True to form - it got annointed with Bream snot, Tench slime and tested for strength by a 7lb Common Carp! Works OK!

Last edited:

sumtime

Reaction score
Mike, what is the length of it when closed? I have a Daiwa tele net, 4ft to the net when extended, a couple of small holes in it so maybe I need a spare, ideal for a walkabout. Mine is 69cm closed, fits nicely into a tripod stool bag.

greenie62

Reaction score
what is the length of it when closed?

Hey la',
Sorry to take so long to reply - I didn't have it to hand - it was in the car so I don't go fishing without one again! ;):eek:mg:
Handle length = 0.76m extending to 1.80m (6ft in old money)
2 section telescopic handle - hexagonal section tubular alloy - reasonably strong
Triangular collapsible net 0.5m x 0.5m x0.6m Depth = 0.5m
Net retainer ring at spreader block - to put a 'crab' on for belt carrying.

Now - must remember to put it back in boot - just in case! ;)
Tight lines & wet nets! :thumbs:

bigfish74

Reaction score
Just picked up a power bank to charge the phone after watching tv or a film on these night jaunts 6.99 and it has a samsung battery in it so should be ok

Andy

kingfisher14

Reaction score
Just picked up a power bank to charge the phone after watching tv or a film on these night jaunts 6.99 and it has a samsung battery in it so should be ok

Andy

Did they have any of fishing stuff still on sale?

bigfish74

Reaction score
Yes quite a bot actually dont know of your local as sold out im in manchester

Andy

sumtime

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike, popped into Aldi this morning, the landing net appears okay for the price, two ounces heavier than my Daiwa and two inches longer when closed, got to be a bargain. It fits into a tripod stool bag no problem. Plenty of fishing gear still on sale in our local.

kingfisher14

Reaction score
Yes quite a bot actually dont know of your local as sold out im in manchester

Andy

Cheers bud, just wanted to know if they had kept it out really. Im about to pop up there now hopefully they've got some stuff left. The power bank seems worth getting.

GT56

Reaction score
A good friend and occasional angler went down to our local Aldi intending to get hold of a fishing chair only to be told they’d all been removed from sale, with the shop assistant unable to give anymore info.
Real shame as my pal is around 20 stone and definitely sits his full weight; he’d have been an excellent check on the chair’s quality or lack of!!
Any ideas why the chairs were taken off the shelves?

robtherake

Reaction score
Bought a few pairs of polaroids; for 4 quid apiece they're more than adequate, and it won't matter when I eventually find a way to break them!
They also have neoprene socks (in various sizes) at a fiver a pair. It's a bit warm to test them out yet, but they look to be just the job.

C

chefster

I just called into Aldi and purchased a pair of the field boots,they look ok...probably no good for trudging river banks and roving etc...but for keeping your feet dry,whilst baggin on a commercial in late summer / autumn should be great@£12.99...Gazza