Aldi fishing tackle

wes79

Reaction score
Yes! She finally caved in to my warped reasoning! bought the fishing chair!

Nice piece of kit, well worth the purchase.

:)

Just need my 4th hand carboot bargain buy one to develop a fault now in the next few days :eek: there wasn't many left in Aldi.

Reaction score
I went into Aldi to buy some tinned tomatoes, but where the tomotoes used to be was a massive basket of wheelbarrow WHEELS! £7 each. I didn't realise that they were that much in demand.

wes79

Reaction score
I went into Aldi to buy some tinned tomatoes, but where the tomotoes used to be was a massive basket of wheelbarrow WHEELS! £7 each. I didn't realise that they were that much in demand.

Yeah, carp gear overloading the barrow along paths that have had the Hawthorn recently cut back by the council's this time of year makes the sales of the wheel some what peak on the fiscal stimulus-omitor.

I bought 2, one for the allotment and the other as a birthday present, 7 dabs you cannot go wrong really, should of bought four, once they gone they be gone.

:D

jonidul

Reaction score
The one illustrate seems like one in every of those folding trout kind.
If therefore it might be nice at that value to stash one within the automobile for that dreadful day after you ar faced with the prospect of a double journey back home to gather it?

seth49

Reaction score
Picked one of the rod bags up today while I was in. For £15 pound can't go wrong.will hold two made up twelve ft rods easy.
Think I will put my carp rods in it.then just grab and go. When I fancy a quick session.
Trying my best to beat my rather puny 13 lb 4 oz pb. But to be fair I haven't fished many waters with bigger carp in.
Not till this season any way.??

robtherake

Reaction score
Add the polaroids to Wes's list, if they've got 'em in I'm bagging a couple of pairs at their price ready for the inevitable breakage :eek:mg:

Although I've had my current pair two years now :)

Ditto, although if I break my new prescription bifocal polaroids I'll need more than a spare pair to avoid the wife's rolling pin :) Worth mentioning that they come in various frame types and lens colours and if they're still only 4 quid...well, what are you waiting for?

flightliner

Reaction score
I was in Aldi midweek and couldnt help noticing the bivvy at £19-95. Dont get me wrong, compared to more expensive ones they cant hold a candle for efficiancy and durabilty but for the amount of time I spend these days overnighting I,m not "sniffy" about using such a cheap item.If I got a season out of it I reckon its ok value considering how much expensive ones cost.
My friend and his wife had a week in greece camping on a beach using the cheapest of kit, the day they left the tent, sleeping bags, groundsheets etx were simply left standing for anyone who wanted it afterwards.:D

trotter2

Reaction score
Nice to see a lot of you lads using some common sense, Ok some of it is not geared towards Uk match fishing, more so if your a "tackle tart" lol.
But there is some good stuff if your fishing on a budget or just fed up of being over charged for practically the same stuff like the glasses and the bags:D.

I got one of those folding nets last year, its still going strong and its used in the summer a least 5 nights a week.

Lidi with the tackle should be up next, look out for the baitrunners they are fantastic lads. Don't miss them they are worth IMO 3 times the asking price at least. NO joke.

trotter2

Reaction score
I could do with two baitrunners (cheapo ones), do you know roughly when they have their fishing stuff on offer?

Hi Wes

They usually come in just after the Aldi stuff, so should be any time M8. :)

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Picked one of the rod bags up today while I was in. For £15 pound can't go wrong.will hold two made up twelve ft rods easy.
Think I will put my carp rods in it.then just grab and go. When I fancy a quick session.
Trying my best to beat my rather puny 13 lb 4 oz pb. But to be fair I haven't fished many waters with bigger carp in.
Not till this season any way.??

Now i got one of those as well but come to use it what a total non starter too long horrid zip all round no bottom all in all no good at all bit like the team Milo stuff waste of space time and money . still looking for a Proper rod bag that does NOT open all the way round just the top 18 or so inches will take 4 or 5 tubes with a couple of out side pockets for brolly and bank sticks .

PG ...

B

binka

still looking for a Proper rod bag that does NOT open all the way round just the top 18 or so inches will take 4 or 5 tubes with a couple of out side pockets for brolly and bank sticks .

PG ...

Dunno if this is any help?

No main compartment zip at all, your two outside pockets and enough room for your tubes which shouldn't be a problem being exposed at the top?

Hardy Fishing - Products - Luggage - Marksman Luggage - Marksman Quiver

I've got one and despite Hardy's description it is anything but a quiver imo.

There is also a full length version which is basically the same on the outside but... Has an all around zip.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Dunno if this is any help?

No main compartment zip at all, your two outside pockets and enough room for your tubes which shouldn't be a problem being exposed at the top?

Hardy Fishing - Products - Luggage - Marksman Luggage - Marksman Quiver

I've got one and despite Hardy's description it is anything but a quiver imo.

There is also a full length version which is basically the same on the outside but... Has an all around zip.

Hi Binka .

That is looking promising it has to be said once i got a few other bits sorted (money wise ) i will have to get a look at one ..

Thanks

PG ..