Aldi sunday 24th

fishplate42

Reaction score
I must look like a walking advert for Aldi sometimes. There clothing is great value, even if I do resemble a Teletubby in the padded bib and brace :(

The boots are great and their cheap floats and tackle got me going when I first started.

Tomorrow I want to look at the bivvy table and I am going to have one of those bags...

Ralph :)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Aldi fishing tackle back on sale on Sunday 24th July including their bag at £12.99

The small bags are great for short sessions, I have one, and my 3 boys all have them also. Mind you i only paid about £8 when they first came out. Have lasted a good few years now, my Fox bag didn't last this long and cost 5 times more.

Keith M

Reaction score
The small bags are great for short sessions, I have one, and my 3 boys all have them also. Mind you i only paid about £8 when they first came out. Have lasted a good few years now, my Fox bag didn't last this long and cost 5 times more.

I have three of their small tackle bags all loaded with different bits of tackle; ie. One bag for roving on rivers, one for light waggler fishing and one for short Carp trips.

I've had them for 2 or 3 seasons and they are no worse or better than my other makes of bag costing three times as much.

Keith

Last edited:

fishplate42

Reaction score
I bought the small bag today - brilliant! I like the inner bag that can be removed and washed making it ideal for caring bait and smelly stuff.

Here is the list of features from the website that do not mention the inner washable bag that velcros in place and has its own zipped lid to act as a sort of 'stink bag' to keep the worst of the smells and spills contained. It also does not mention the very handy top pouch that is ideal for keeping tools and bits in all to hand.

Features
PVC/polyester mesh
Large main compartment with 2-way zip
Main compartment has padding and mesh pocket
Adjustable, padded shoulder strap
1 front side zipper pocket with internal mesh pocket, zip closure and additional padded Velcro pocket (This is described as a rig pouch on the bag label and it will be used as that by me)
2 side mesh pockets with elastic perimeter
EVA formed bottom compartment with 2-way zip for placing bag on wet or muddy ground

I also bought the 'Bivvy Table' (£6.99) ideal for putting all the bits that tend to get placed on my bait waiter that are not bait when fishing from a chair.

Aldi and Lidl seem to buck the trend with cheap fishing stuff. It may not be the best there is out there but it is not rubbish and it seems to be great value for money. I am very happy with all my Aldi fishing gear.

Ralph :)

steve2

Reaction score
I have their bags they have got to be the best value bags on the market. They are better than most if not all small tackle bags on the market. Put another name on them and the price would at least treble. I use them for my lure and fly fishing tackle and as a camera bag.
Have also used their baits and ground baits and caught plenty of fish on them.

seth49

Reaction score
Called in yesterday, got one of the bivvy tables.and a roll of the camo duct tape, the tape will be perfect for the cheap Chinese bait boat I got recently.
It's a lurid shade of green at the moment, works ok though.

I also looked for a pair of the boots they were selling, couldn't find any size elevens though, there was supposed to be some but couldn't find any.

DorsetTangler

Reaction score
Has anybody bought the chair £25?

Was tempted but would have wanted to try it out first and it was too busy to get out of the box and sit in the aisle! Did buy a bag and a couple of bags of particles though. And a pair of polaroids.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Got one of the bags for the odd carp trip maybe 2 a year some shades a few bags of Hallibut pellets they seem to go down well at my local pool a couple of the gillet jackets useful things puty there were none of the all in one fleece suits got one last year could do with another .

Has anyone given the Fladen carp rods a testing is it worth £20.00 quid as a spare ..

May have to pop back in and pick up one of the bivvy tables , i purchased one of the chairs last year it is ok but could also be a lot better there are problems with the catches the foot adjusters and the back rest could do with more than one setting as it is too laid back for me ...

PG ...

B

binka

the tape will be perfect for the cheap Chinese bait boat I got recently.

Last seen depositing a kilo of boilies in the car park before mounting the bankside and disappearing into the woods on the opposite side of the lake in hot pursuit of a mandarin duck? :D

seth49

Reaction score
Last seen depositing a kilo of boilies in the car park before mounting the bankside and disappearing into the woods on the opposite side of the lake in hot pursuit of a mandarin duck? :D

To be honest it works perfectly, I saw another chap using one to get under some over hanging bushes, he caught carp too, me and my mate shared at one, it only cost £65 quid with two batteries,it's also good for mapping swims using my Deeper fish finder.

Just tow behind boat with some cord, and watch readout on my iPod,
I love my gadgets.

Ps the ducks hate it, they go behind island when they see it,handy if your going to floater fish.

Pps it looks a lot better now it's camouflaged up, and a bit of felt fitted to stop the hopper clanging when it drops line and loose feed .:):)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I called in today to get a bag for one of my mates. The new bags have an inner lining with a zip and two handles. This makes the bags even better than the original ones i have. You can use them for ground bait mixing and wash them out after, great addition IMHO.

I am going back tomorrow to get another one for myself. Boots all over the place, no bivvy tables, they did have a twin gas stove for £19.99, not sure about it, looked a bit to much on the big side.

They also had the day shelters £25.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
called into Aldi today to get another mate one of the bags, only 4 left.

They did have a fishing chair, £24.95, i sat on the one out on display.

Found it comfortable and light to pick up. Adjustable legs, seemed to be fine.

Must say i didn't think much of the Bivvy table, looked like it had been built by the lads from Men Behaving Badly :eek:

500 G bags of ground bait, flavoured sweet corn, Pellets and boilies, think they were £2.99 a bag. Not sure what they are like as a bait.

steve2

Reaction score
Went to Aldi yesterday they had the fishing chairs reduced to £17 I bought one.
They seem very well made and even come with a 3 year guarantee something I haven’t got with any other chair I have bought. Looks a bit like a top make just a lot cheaper.