Angling Trust in trouble

quattro

Reaction score
I tell you what i will do.

I'll bow to the already AT members, i will pay AT the £20.00p just to keep all the AT Members that have commented on me being a disgrace, or Pathetic, or a Sympathy seeker, etc etc, i will leave FM if that will help to keep them happy because obviously anyone who disagrees with there views is looked upon as being a lesser person and a selfish angler, that way you can have a debate about the AT amongst yourselves about all the good things they do ............. Great debate structure you'd have then.

Tight Lines :D

Sorry you feel you have to do this. Not everyone on this forum thinks you're a disgrace etc etc, I certainly agree with most of your argument. I think a few on here have joined AT and are now desperately trying to justify it to themselves and the rest of us.
I personally will reserve my judgement, and if or when convinced I will join, but it will be because I have found out as much as I can and made my own decision.
For goodness sake don't leave FM for the sake of a few who don't seem to be able to have a decent argument without appearing to give offence, from what I've seen in my short time here your contributions are what a forum like this should be all about.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
j-peg, I suggest you read the rest of SV's post, you've left the important bit out.

For the record, I don't need to justify to myself membership of The Angling Trust, I have utmost belief in it worth to angling.

Apart from the cost, to those who can't afford under 50pence a week, I suggest everybody else who considers the ability to fish important to them, should give it very serious consideration.

Just remember, the EA allows water authorities to dump sewerage in storm conditions, and allows abstraction to take place without due consideration to the affects on river life.

Who's going to reign them in them?

Last edited:

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Sorry j peg,

I was being a smidgen sarcastic when i said that i had been forced to join AT and that i would leave FM.
On the subject of Joining AT i have made my point, and i will leave it like that.
If anyone directs a question directly to me on this subject, i shall reply to them in a respectful way.
What this discussion has done is to make other people like myself aware of what the AT does and how you can join them if you so wish to do so. It has also educated some people as to what other benefits were available to them even though they had already joined AT.
I didn't realise that for a Life Membership it costs £400.00p ........... 4 f**kin Hundred f**kin quid ............. Wow, sorry nearly swallowed my teeth saying that then lol :D

I aslo didn't realise that it was only available to people who have an address in England.

Is the insurance available to clubs, fisheries and riparian owners outside England?
Angling Trust organisation membership and the insurance scheme is only available to those with an address in England. This is because there are separate angling governing bodies in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Free and easy advertising.

Tight Lines :D

Cakey

Reaction score
KA hit the nail on the head this morning ,tackle shops wont push AT because they would rather have the £20 suppling bait etc

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
Ray , Is that why we have to have work parties in our club to clean our own banks and **** from our stretches of water, And also stock the lea this year out of our own pockets. The lower lea is so full of **** and weed that its almost imposible to fish it. Yet when i approched the EA , i was told unless it is important to flood elements it was no concern to them. Well thanks very much.

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
If they cleaned it out cakes you wouldnt get flooded would you. They charge us for a fishing licence , then why not make them fishable. Its like asking me to paint house wiv no ladder.

captainbarnacles

Reaction score
Is ok SV i,m getting used to it mate.

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 ----------

I may well not be the most versed man on this site but i know what i bl****dy mean.

Cakey

Reaction score
Bob there are other priorities other than angling like getting me proper canoe access

Cakey

Reaction score
DSC_0149.jpg

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Woody

Your along way behind me on that, I have been there and done all that 30 years ago, and when the EA first took over.

You could say the same of many tackle companies, once you have got your gear, they don't give a T*ss either, but the fact remains the EA are the only ones doing anything for the rivers and fish stocks.

Cakey

Reaction score
sorry Ive done a test posting on the wrong thread
man holding the box is Richard "posh" Farrow

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Bob,

Well what part of the Lea are you on about, because evreywhere I fish on the Lea is fine. Further more get on to the Lea valley parks as they control the area. Only last week they were on the Lea Electro fishing and netting, they don't get the EA to do it, they do it themselves.

Your club isn't the only one that does work on rivers, most do, but if your club section has **** in it, and **** on the banks, take a look at where it is coming from, then inform the EA to see what they can do.

Flooding is more important all over the Country, not just around us here.

---------- Post added at 16:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:23 ----------

Apart from your barbel Fred, but then the BS don't clean up the polution do they.

Cakey

Reaction score
the only bit of the Lee/Lea in trouble is down by the Olympic site it has severe duck weed