Definitions

barbelboi

Reaction score
I must admit that my knowledge of commercial waters is virtually zero but I was always under the impression that a pastie was a bit like a small carp..................only smaller:wh
Jerry

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pleasure angling is such an old term. I would define it as NOT fishing in a match or NOT targeting specimen-sized fish. In practice a pleasure angler may well fish the odd match or spend some sessions targeting specimen fish, so theres probably few hardcore Pleasure anglers who simply turn up with no aspirations other than to wet a line.

Pleasure anglers could be better described as 'recreational anglers' a term which could be applied to anyone who was simply fishing for anything which came along while daydreaming on a sunny riverbank or lakeside as opposed to a professional, sponsored angler or any individual involved in competition; whether that be an organised match with rules etc against others on the day on the same venue; or one deliberately attempting to beat some specimen record, be that national, lake, river or simply a pb.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Pleasure anglers could be better described as 'recreational anglers'.

Can't quite see how that's any different to "pleasure anglers". Surely, the vast majority of anglers fish for pleasure as a recreational pursuit.

seanmeeghan

Reaction score
Ok i think I'm with this so far. Pasties are the small carp in these commercials, not something that is VATable if hot when sold. But dont they grow any bigger than pasty-sized? or is it only full of pasties for the first couple of years after the hole was dug (with the scenic islands and stuff) and filled up with murky brown water?.

What happens to a pasty when it grows up?. Does it become a Super-pastie?. What about the Leviathan Pasties?

Cowpies! :D

Philip

Reaction score
"All round angler"

When I was a kid I considered an All round angler to be someone who fished for Coarse, sea and game fish.

Nowadays I suspect anyone who fishes for more than 1 species considers themselves an "All rounder"...