Fishing Chair

nova12

Reaction score
I use a korum chair very comfy but i use a stage stand for the feeder rest screwed in to the peg and a rest on the chair as stated slightest movement will rock the rod

shane99

Reaction score
Have just purchased my 2nd JR Stealth X-Lite Recliner Chair now the bites have slowed, my last one lasted 10 years. Been using the Korum super light for the last couple of years. They are ok but not much back support when I wanted to sit back the other weekend when things were very slow. The JRC is very light for the comfort - really recommended. Also the legs lock which is a bonus.

The Korum any chair adaptors fit nicely - I have to use these on my local gravel pit as you just cant get a bank stick in the ground which is annoying, but thats another thread for another day.

B

binka

Have just purchased my 2nd JR Stealth X-Lite Recliner Chair now the bites have slowed, my last one lasted 10 years. Been using the Korum super light for the last couple of years. They are ok but not much back support when I wanted to sit back the other weekend when things were very slow. The JRC is very light for the comfort - really recommended. Also the legs lock which is a bonus.

The Korum any chair adaptors fit nicely - I have to use these on my local gravel pit as you just cant get a bank stick in the ground which is annoying, but thats another thread for another day.

The X-Lite is the only chair I've owned which has not shown the initial signs of inevitable destruction within weeks, as you say it's very light and a good level of comfort.

I've lost weight too, I think my chances of condemning it to the chair graveyard are ebbing away by the day! :)

mikench

Reaction score
..... even with those delicious looking cooked breakfasts? Are you on the Atkins diet:)

mikench

Reaction score
I know that one Steve except in my case it is wine! As Oscar Wilde said " I can resist everything but tempation";)

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Shane 99....I have one of the old models and still no sign of wearing out!

QUESTION!
On the new model does the back section still slope back as far as the old one??
I like to sit more vertically for my roach fishing, so I have made two small aluminium blocks that sit between the horizontal frame tube and the back section which brings the back more upright and this works well.....
I suppose they could introduce an adjustable back but this would increase weight, so best without!

Still a great chair though, and probably still the lightest on the market.

B

binka

QUESTION!

I can't answer in respect of a comparison but I find the back rake is too low, I do similar to you but use a couple of brolly pegs laid across the frame where you would have your blocks and it's just about right.

shane99

Reaction score
Shane 99....I have one of the old models and still no sign of wearing out!

QUESTION!
I like to sit more vertically for my roach fishing, so I have made two small aluminium blocks that sit between the horizontal frame tube and the back section which brings the back more upright and this works well.....
I suppose they could introduce an adjustable back but this would increase weight, so best without!

Still a great chair though, and probably still the lightest on the market.

Its still all the same Tee-Cee apart from a padded bit for your head, which is nice. In defence of the old chair, It still actually functions as a fishing chair it just got a bit tatty, the paint was coming off, the legs really stiff (a bit of corrosion) to open up. The fabric has stood the test of time so I nearly re-conditioned it I like it so much. I bought the korum chair when I had the idea of travelling very light a few years ago but it has never been as comfy as the JRC & really doesnt weight that much less The old chair has been in the garden a few years now & is used by the wifes old cat all the time, I didnt have the heart to nick it back & I still borrow it in the summer to drink beer in.

B

binka

The old chair has been in the garden a few years now & is used by the wifes old cat all the time, I didnt have the heart to nick it back

I reckon it's more than coincidence that moggies seem to have an affection for fishing chairs in the great outdoors, maybe it's the whiff of fish...

Now there's a look that says 'C'mom then, if you dare!'

Even the side trays aren't safe...