Float stops - dumb question

john step

Reaction score
OK you spendthrifts...As Nth Lincs is close to Yorkshire I feel some of the careful with pennies air is drifting South.

You dont need to us the same line again to save them. Just cut the line and leave enough to make a loop with a single knot above and below. Slide the stops onto their respective loops. Leave the silicone float stop in the middle where it was .
Next time out , just slide the whole lot on the line as normal.

Actually easier to thread than when those on wire are threaded 2nd time as the wire closes up. The line loop does not.

Not my idea. I read it in Anglers Mail ages ago. Bill Rushmer I think. Obviously another tight wad.

Sorry about this Chefster:eek:mg:

Chefster

Reaction score
OK you spendthrifts...As Nth Lincs is close to Yorkshire I feel some of the careful with pennies air is drifting South.

You dont need to us the same line again to save them. Just cut the line and leave enough to make a loop with a single knot above and below. Slide the stops onto their respective loops. Leave the silicone float stop in the middle where it was .
Next time out , just slide the whole lot on the line as normal.

Actually easier to thread than when those on wire are threaded 2nd time as the wire closes up. The line loop does not.

Not my idea. I read it in Anglers Mail ages ago. Bill Rushmer I think. Obviously another tight wad.

Sorry about this Chefster:eek:mg:
Next they,ll be asking"can you reuse PVA???":D:D

fishplate42

Reaction score
It was not about cost for me, I just love a challenge. Having worked out how to get the little buggers back on their wire loop, I then discovered that they became loose on the line and my float kept moving. I just ordered hundreds of them from Hong Kong for a few quid and use them as I need to.

Ralph ;)