ground bait additives

arthur2sheds

Reaction score
Additives aren't a waste of time or money.... look at it this way... if an additive gives you 5% extra confidence, good on you... a sneaky rig... another 20% and a new co-polymer ultra-low diameter line 20% bloody sharp new pattern hook 30%.... all those percentages add up, whether perceived by others or not and if you are confident then you'll fish better... who's to say what's best or not...? the only ones who can, are swimming sub surface and they don't talk:p

Loads of Bream anglers use Brasem in a mix.... Roach anglers use Turmeric on their bait... Carpers use.... well anything really:p Barbel anglers use Bacon or meaty savoury flavours.

We all use flavours to a degree and TBH there's not many groundbaits other than plain crumb or leam that don't have some sort of flavour/scent to em

stripey

Reaction score
What particular groundbait are you using? If it's commercial stuff like Sensas or Van den Eynd etc I can't see any point in adding anything....
If it's plain crumb try it on its own first... You may be surprised....

i am using brown crumb,i use it stiff so it sinks quickly, therefore the oils rise from the lake bed, i find it ideal in water up to 6/7ft.