Hyperlinks grrr...

B

binka

Evening All,reading about the bother some are having with reading articles on the first page of FM,I have had the same problem for some time(2wk.s)I have FM as my home page and everything used to open good as gold not any more.E-mailed FM the reply was to maybe change my browser,but links on other sites work ok,don,t what to do now?Cheers Dave 58

It does seem more than a coincidence that three of us have had the same problem and all around the same time... As you say yourself, I'm not experiencing any browsing problems anywhere else on the net :confused:

Just remembered I started a thread here about the very same problem back on the 18th...

http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/bait-box/355679-fm-front-page-bust.html

naxian62

Reaction score
Yeah, we're not gonna change our browsers because FM doesn't work, when everything works just fine. Imagine the " noise" from the other half.

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Yeah, we're not gonna change our browsers because FM doesn't work, when everything works just fine. Imagine the " noise" from the other half.

This is starting to sound like yet a an other M$S Corp failed update joking aside the best thing you could all do is get rid of IE or it's latest rebirth Spartan .

IE is so full of holes it leaks better than a landing net leaks water Spartan is not too far behind , and they insist on trying to FORCE the world to do things their way instead of the Standards way .

The internet exists and runs on Standards not some pushy software RE-Hacker trying to enforce it's own agenda ..

MS Dos ought to be renamed more correctly Ripped off CP/M if you get a chance compare the sources of both and spot the con job ..

PG ..

Last edited:

laguna

Reaction score
This is starting to sound like yet a an other M$S Corp failed update joking aside the best thing you could all do is get rid of IE or it's latest rebirth Spartan .

IE is so full of holes it leaks better than a landing net leaks water Spartan is not too far behind , and they insist on trying to FORCE the world to do things their way instead of the Standards way .

The internet exists and runs on Standards not some pushy software RE-Hacker trying to enforce it's own agenda ..

MS Dos ought to be renamed more correctly Ripped off CP/M if you get a chance compare the sources of both and spot the con job ..

PG ..
Thankful that MS brought us the PC and the GUI mainstream (95' and windows workgroups in my case) but since have relentlessly insisted on own standards while the rest of the worlds developers have to produce workarounds. Compatibility issues for web developers and IE security flaws are but two examples... "change you browser"

IS THE BEST ADVICE!