New Boots?

andreagrispi

Reaction score
I have a pair of Baffins - not as warm, but warm enough for me. Still very expensive though.

Wilko

Reaction score
I've got the Wychwood 3/4, the same as the ebay link, I paid slightly more than £44 and think they are excellent; Warm, light, comfortable and well fitting. Highly recommended.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I finally got a new pair of Muckbooks online. This time I went for a different model (cheaper ones) and they didn't impress me, so I sent them back. My old Muckboots were the camo Avon ones, higher than normal and snug fitting on the calf. These new ones I got were - well, just wellies really. They slopped about when walking which is the last thing I want when walking a mile in them every morning. So, back to the drawing board.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I've bought this Thread back just to say I have just taken delivery of my Muckboots (were called 'Tay' but now renamed 'Muckmasters' for some reason known only to the Americans!) and my initial thoughts are that this is a very good purchase for my winter fishing.
I took the advice, after looking around the internet for cheaper prices, of S-Kippy (refer previous post above) and spoke to Westhorpe Wellies (after speaking to one or two other suppliers who didn't have clue!) and they answered all my questions. Prices range from around £79 to £86 or so and, having talked of this they agreed to do them for £80 notes. (post included)
This was Monday and they were delivered Tuesday so great service.....

So, my thanks to Mr S-Kippy for his advice, and no, I shan't blame him if they fall to bits!!

ps A lovely bit of kit and just by looking at them I know they will definitely do the job!

Reaction score
The Tay and Muckmaster are shown as 2 different wellies on the site I used - the Tay is only £72 whereas the Muckmaster is shown as £89

Ahh the Tay must be old stock - big price increase though for what amounts to the same boot!

Last edited:

mick b

Reaction score
The Tay and Muckmaster are shown as 2 different wellies on the site I used - the Tay is only £72 whereas the Muckmaster is shown as £89

Ahh the Tay must be old stock - big price increase though for what amounts to the same boot!

Yes I did a search and found some Tays for sale, old stock I presume?
Some more searching revealed my Tays were the Sport variety warm to -40 no wonder my feet never get cold :eek:mg:

Whatever they are still the best I've used, even if they are damn expensive.

What price warm dry feet??

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Yes, I was told by my supplier that the names had been changed by the American owners to bring them into line with the USA business for 2013 (I presume?) The Woolthorpe Weillies website gives more info on this but the old 'Tay' is definitely a 'Muckmaster' now...

If anyone wants a pair I'm imagine they would do them for the price I paid.

ps I note the paper work states they should be treated with a silicon spray once in a while for maximum protection and if looked after thus they should last 20 years, but I don't think I need worry about that!!

pps As far as fit is concerned; I have two types of sock that I use for my walking both made by Bridgedale. One is Trekker for lighter work and the other is Summit which is a much heavier sock. I ccould use either with the Muckboots depending on the warmth factor required with one being just a little more snug. I bought Size 9 (this being my normal shoe size) and they work just fine...

Last edited:

daji

Reaction score
Just a pair of run-of-the-mill dunlops for me. Cost me £15. highly fashionable green colour :eek:
snobs! :rolleyes:
Can a pair of wellies really be worth £60? I could tart up a cheap pair with nice comfy soles and lining :w

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Can a pair of wellies really be worth £60? I could tart up a cheap pair with nice comfy soles and lining :w

Yes...and I'm sure you could but personally I'd rather have warm feet.

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

You can also get a similar pair from Woolsthorpe Wellies...............................;)

Are you one of those people who watch films looking for continuity errors too ?

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
SNOBS?? I reckon Daji is heading for trouble....obviously never heard of the Welliie police.....

Dunlops? Dunlops? is he having a laugh!

No doubt he'll be found on some ice fringed lake with his feet frozen to the ground....shame really, probably a very nice guy..........................................

Snobs, indeed....

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Hate to be pedantic but the E-type was launched in 1961 with Judah Ben Hur filmed in 1959.

Anyway, for the "throw away the accuracy" approach, Saving Private Ryan is probably the world's leader.....

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:20 ----------

Always amuses me when Russell Crowe (in 90BC) says "On my command, unleash hell...."

Interesting to contemplate the conception of hell in 90BC.....:)

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I had a brainstorm and spent a fortune on a pair of Le Chameaus. Tried them on, wore them once for 15 mins. Not for me. Prefer the old muckers.
So - for sale, size 11 posh boots, boxed and immaculate, 125 quid for a quick sale. Ahem...

ravey

Reaction score
I bought some Muckboot Tay Arctic Sport for the winter ahead. Quite expensive at £78, but rated to -47 degrees. Will give them a try next week when I'm off work. In the past I have struggled to keep my feet warm (everything else has been OK), but needed something waterproof like a wellie, but that you can walk in, which ruled out moonboot type things.

Bought the Mb's from Granite Workwear in Nottingham (with a free pair of gardening gloves...??).